Congratulations on completing the Russian translation!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
118 high-quality dark voice-over sound effects for video games in Russian.
  • The Russian translation hit 100% today. Thank you and well done to everyone who has helped contribute!

We will be reviewing the content shortly, and assuming everything is OK, we will ship it in the next C3 release (r71). It is available in r70 still marked as an "in progress" translation, but it is basically complete, so you can try out the full editor with the Russian language and check everything looks OK.

The following contributors qualify for rewards:

• kop9000 - 2 years subscription (10,559 translations, 83.77%)
    • alenka83 - 1 year subscription (1,454 translations, 11.54%)

Once the translation ships in r71 we will be in touch shortly after to issue your rewards. Thank you!

Don't forget since we issue regular updates to Construct 3, there will occasionally be new strings to be translated, or changes to existing strings. However in the past these have been around 10-20 strings per release, so it should be easy to keep up with. We issue translator notifications when we update the terms.

• [quote:3qb86sem]kop9000 - 2 years subscription (10,559 translations, 83.77%)

• seems to be possible there is a problem with the translation

I see that you added words to translate the startup page of the program. I translated these words but they are still displayed in English

• And one more thing

Two buttons in English. they also need to be translated

• The startup is a tricky technical problem, because our language library isn't loaded when that's showing, so we need a different system. The strings are there but they're not used yet.

Thanks for catching that dialog, I've made sure it's translatable for the next build.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • And one more thing

• Hmm, the runtime strings aren't currently covered by translations. I don't think it uses too many, but I'm not sure how far we should go... e.g. should console.log()s be translated too?

• maybe yes

• Ashley

• Hello, all!

It's too late I saw this subject on forum Scirra, but... and so .... my opinion.

Translation into Russian - just unbearable sh*t. There's absolutely nothing you can do.

This translation (by kop9000) makes no sense, because all who used C2 change language to english in setting of C3.

??... ?????? ??-??????.

???????, kop9000, ?? ?? ??????, ???? ? ??? ?????????, ??? ??? ???????, ??? ?? ???????? - ??? ?????? ??.

??? ??????? ???? ??????? ??? ? ???????? ????????? ? ?????????? ?????? ?? ????? ??????????, ??????? ?? ???????? ?? ????? ????????????????, ?.?. ??? ????, ???????????? ?????????. ????? Sprite ????????? Sprite, ? ?? ??????, ?????? ??? ??????????? ????????? ???????????? ? ??????????? ?????????.

??? ???????? ?????: "???????? ???????? '???????????" - ??? ??? ?? ??????? ????? ? ? ????? ??????? ????? ??? ???? ????????? ? ? ??? ?????"???????? ?????? ???????" ?

• dworkgames - please be constructive. Lots of people have different opinions about translations and there's no need to be insulting. If you did the whole translation, I'm sure there'd be others who'd object to your own terms, and so on.

• I'll repeat what I said in email to dwork:

• we had a professional translator review it and they described it as good
    • our stats show the vast majority of users in Russia use the Russian language setting
    • I've not heard any complaints before this since we enabled it by default in December, so it's been widely used for a couple of months and this is the first time anyone has raised any issue

The translation took several weeks - if you really thought it was going badly you could have contributed at the time. Still, if you think there could be improvements, you can still sign up as contributors. However you must discuss this with the community and agree on what kind of changes you want to make before making them, since otherwise it is likely you'll end up in disputes, or making the translation inconsistent. Everyone has their own opinion on how translations should be done - but there is only one set of translations, so everyone must agree on how to do it.

• Hello.

Ashley. Of course, you're right. C3 was translated more than 3 months ago, and we are reacting now. Belatedly, but we give feedback. Feedback (no claim) because we point out the weaknesses of the translation in our opinion. You can agree or disagree, you're boss here. I worked with a professional translator from the Japanese for TV channel "2x2". And I will use my work experience in my feedback.

In my opinion, this translate is surface, literal, not adaptive. Why?

First - translation of proper names (object and behavior).

If proper names are not translated in "logical phrase", they are written in transliteration. For example, "Deadpool" - "??????" in Russian, but "Dead" - "???????", "Pool" - "???????".

Example in C3 - spritefont. It was translated as "????? ??????". It sounds like "Dead Pool" ("Dead" and "Pool" apart) or "Apple Pen". And, "?????" - translated, "??????" - transliterated, because "Sprite" is translated as "Fairy". If we translate "spritefont", then a logical phrase does not work. Use transliterate is more right.

Second - adaptive translation.

Of course, each translator adapts the text in his opinion. We have good and bad examples.

Good example of visual adapt - "The Last of Us". Literal translation - "????????? ?? ???". But it was translated as "???? ?? ???" (translated as "The One of Us"). It's don't literal translation, you're right. But this translation is adapted for poster.

Good example of semantic adapt - telegram in "Bioshock Infitite".

"Devitt STOP

Do not alert Comstock to your presence STOP"

We can literally translate "STOP" as "Stop". But it's a telegram, and "STOP" is translated as "Dot".

Bad example of visual adapt - "Is in preview". Literal translation - "? ??????????????? ?????????". But it destroys the construction, because 27 letters (with space) can't stand in position ?f 13 letters. Adapt translate is "??? ?????????????", because "????????????" is abbreviation of "??????????????? ????????", and 17 letters are better suited to 13 letters.

Bad example of semantic adapt - "On canvas snapshot". Literal translation - "?? ?????? ??????". For English - "??" in this context sounds like "in", "on the surface of the canvas". But it's trigger condition, and "On" should be translated as "At the moment" - "??? ?????? ??????". Next, "canvas" is translated as "?????" - "canvas for drawing". This can confuse beginners, because there is plugin "Canvas" (we can draw on workspace with this plugin). But "canvas" is workspace (??????? ????????????) or screen (?????) in "On canvas snapshot" (in my opinion) and it's should be translated as "??? ?????? ??????" or "??? ?????? ????" ("On snapshot of the game").

And third - just a bad translation.

"Stop! You make a claim?"... Yes and no. Some offers are difficult to translate. You have to include the imagination. But some offers in rus C3 are improperly constructed.

Example - effect "Glow vertical". Description of the effect "A vertical 9-sample gaussian glow effect". And translate "??????????? 9-???????? ????????? ??????? ????????". It sounds like "We was going to park tomorrow?". Of course, i can't translate "9-sample" with save correct understanding. But i understand this effect as "A vertical blur of gaussian effect", and this offer can translate with correct understanding "???????????? ???????? ?????????? ???????".

In the issue we have nice translation, but this translation are not ideal. This translation translation requires a lot of edits. But it is suitable for use until you meet shortcomings that I described.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)