Removing or fixing plugin[fixed]

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Hello.

Plugin name: Plugin Call JS (cjs) by Joe7.

Today I have opened project after 2 months inactivity and for some reason I got message addons callJS missing which to be honest made me mental. Why, how is now this addon missing? Of course after I have installed plugin again project couldn't be loaded, ok I am going to remove everything as c3p is actually zip file, but of course after I have removed everything related to that plugin I still couldn't open it. Luckily plugin doesn't play big part in the game's code, but for that same reason is annoying that it causes me problems now, I am hoping that I can remove it or fix it somehow.

How can I properly remove plugin from project files, as I am guessing I did something wrong, but don't know what?

Could I fix maybe plugin somehow?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Martin Starešinčić.

• The only reliable way to remove an addon from a project is to have the addon installed, open the project in Construct, and remove all references to it. If you delete things from the project files directly, you could easily corrupt the project.

You can also use the 'Bundle addons' feature to ensure the addon is saved with your project, avoiding any problems with having to install the addon to open the project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The only reliable way to remove an addon from a project is to have the addon installed, open the project in Construct, and remove all references to it. If you delete things from the project files directly, you could easily corrupt the project.

You can also use the 'Bundle addons' feature to ensure the addon is saved with your project, avoiding any problems with having to install the addon to open the project.

Thank you on this information, but this will not help me at all in this case. I didn't expect plugin malfunctioning and didn't remove it on time, now I am stuck in quite bad position as I can't access my project. To explain little bit more: project was imported from c2 to c3, but I have successfully done that and everything worked fine for months, basically I have removed every old plugin expect one(callJS). Now that plugin malfunctioned and I can't open project anymore, probably some kind of update caused that. So only solutions for me is to manually remove this plugin from source code. It is really important that I can open this project again.

• Usually this means you installed the wrong version of the addon, and got one that's incompatible with your project. Make sure you really have the right version of the addon. I'm afraid third-party addons are outside our control - you'd need to contact the addon developer for further support.

• CROmartin

Try this

construct.net/en/make-games/addons/547/call-js-c3runtime

I just published c3runtime,

Supports c2runtime.

use worker = no

• CROmartin

Try this

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/addons/547/call-js-c3runtime

I just published c3runtime,

Supports c2runtime.

use worker = no

Thank you, but it didn't help, which makes me think that addons are not cause of problem.

• Usually this means you installed the wrong version of the addon, and got one that's incompatible with your project. Make sure you really have the right version of the addon. I'm afraid third-party addons are outside our control - you'd need to contact the addon developer for further support.

Thank you, but I would leave theses that addons are cause of problem, something else is happening, could you tell me other things that could cause such error(invalid construct 3 project)?

• Thank you all on help, I have made mistake by fixing wrong plugin, light tween was actually a problem. Now everything work's fine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)