Instant Game plugin concerns and updates

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • > Can anyone suggest here how they're approaching to implement the majority of the important features for FB instant games as C3 doesn't have many of them such as chooseAsync(), canSubscribeBotAsync( ),switchGameAsync( ),updateAsync( )

you just use the browser plugin, and call the functions via the javascript thing.

(I have not used the subscribeBot so cannot comment on that, but the other three works fine).

It is though not really good that almost everyone that uses IG plugin will also need to use javascript via browser plugin for many important functions since the IG plugin is too basic :(

Could you please provide a code snippet so that I can understand how to do it with Browser plugin? Thanks

• > > Can anyone suggest here how they're approaching to implement the majority of the important features for FB instant games as C3 doesn't have many of them such as chooseAsync(), canSubscribeBotAsync( ),switchGameAsync( ),updateAsync( )

>

> you just use the browser plugin, and call the functions via the javascript thing.

>

> (I have not used the subscribeBot so cannot comment on that, but the other three works fine).

>

> It is though not really good that almost everyone that uses IG plugin will also need to use javascript via browser plugin for many important functions since the IG plugin is too basic :(

Could you please provide a code snippet so that I can understand how to do it with Browser plugin? Thanks

Here I use browser plugin for chooseAsync() and switchGameAsync( ):

Browser > Execute Javascript > "FBInstant.context.chooseAsync()"

Browser > Execute Javascript > "FBInstant.switchGameAsync('GAMEID')

• Renfd I've tried to use that. But after selecting the player I want to play with the invite payload isn't being sent. Have you faced similar issue?

• chooseasync is not supposed to send anything. it just change your session into the context you choose.

(use updateasync to send)

• Has anyone been able to retrieve the connectedPlayer Rank or Score? In the new SDK you can have the rank and score. Seems like Construct 3 doesn't have those expressions.

• Has anyone been able to retrieve the connectedPlayer Rank or Score? In the new SDK you can have the rank and score. Seems like Construct 3 doesn't have those expressions.

you can get them via the normal leaderboard functions(?)

• I don't think you can do that from the normal leaderboard. Otherwise, there wouldn't be two separate expressions and functions.

• I don't think you can do that from the normal leaderboard. Otherwise, there wouldn't be two separate expressions and functions.

you request the connected players via the leaderboard function, then you can show their rank and score etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have uploaded a new version of my plugin:

construct.net/en/make-games/addons/140/facebook-instant-games-extended

• Construct 3 R132 version after selecting C3 Runtime and exporting the game for facebook instant game and uploading it to the developer console the game is now infinite loading mode. I had to use the C3 runtime to avail some plugins which are not available in c2 runtime. What might be the issue? Any Idea?

Best Regards

• > > > Can anyone suggest here how they're approaching to implement the majority of the important features for FB instant games as C3 doesn't have many of them such as chooseAsync(), canSubscribeBotAsync( ),switchGameAsync( ),updateAsync( )

> >

> > you just use the browser plugin, and call the functions via the javascript thing.

> >

> > (I have not used the subscribeBot so cannot comment on that, but the other three works fine).

> >

> > It is though not really good that almost everyone that uses IG plugin will also need to use javascript via browser plugin for many important functions since the IG plugin is too basic :(

>

> Could you please provide a code snippet so that I can understand how to do it with Browser plugin? Thanks

Here I use browser plugin for chooseAsync() and switchGameAsync( ):

Browser > Execute Javascript > "FBInstant.context.chooseAsync()"

Browser > Execute Javascript > "FBInstant.switchGameAsync('GAMEID')

how to use FBInstant.player.getSignedPlayerInfoAsync in Browser or anyother Async function

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)