How do I spin particles?

• I created a particle and I would like for all the images being sprayed out by it to spin. How can I do that?

• If you want to rotate the spray cone, you can add the 'Rotate' behavior or you implement the action 'Rotate (counter-)clockwise' on every tick.

If you want to rotate single particles or change their angle after they appear, thats not possible as far as i know, but that would be a good thing to add to the particle behavior. Something like 'Particle angle randomiser' in Particle properties.

• I was hoping there was a way to spin the individual particles spraying out of the cone, but I guess there isn't a way. Thank you for your response,

• Tiny Martian

I was hoping there was a way to spin the individual particles spraying out of the cone, but I guess there isn't a way. Thank you for your response,

Have you tried particle angle randomiser ? in particle lifetime properties setting?

• Have you tried particle angle randomiser ? in particle lifetime properties setting?

unfortunately this only applies to the angle of the movement direction of an particle

• If the default Particle Object doesn't Have any features you want, you can always code it. Here is a quick example of a Custom Particle Creator using Sprites And Bullet Behavior. They Rotate now.

Edited

.. Sorry for the massive edits im trying to add a image and i can't the new interface is a bit confusing. figured it out, seems is like the url.

[ img= url]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If the default Particle Object doesn't Have any features you want, you can always code it. Here is a quick example of a Custom Particle Creator using Sprites And Bullet Behavior. They Rotate now.

Edited

.. Sorry for the massive edits im trying to add a image and i can't the new interface is a bit confusing. figured it out, seems is like the url.

>[ img= url]

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. I got frustrated with Construct 3 and decided to take a break from it.

The example you provided looks amazing and I found your notes in it very helpful. You're very good at explaining things. I have your CONSTRUCT FOR DUMMIES - SIMPLE TUTORIAL COLLECTION bookmarked now. :)

For anyone else who wants those links:

https://www.construct.net/blogs/construct-for-dummies-simple-tutorial-collection-29

Have you thought of teaching a course on Construct 3 for Udemy or Skillshare? I think you'd do really well there.

https://www.udemy.com

https://www.skillshare.com/

Thanks so much for the help on this. I really appreciate it.

• udemy and skillshares are scams

• udemy and skillshares are scams

How so?

• Look it up you have google don'T waste my time on something like this please

• Look it up you have google don'T waste my time on something like this please

My experience has been different. Sorry I can’t take your word for it, but if I believed everything I read on the internet, I would never had subscribed to Contruct 3. Although I get frustrated with it sometimes, I really like C3.

Thanks for your input anyway.

• I'm not asking you to take my word for it im telling you to look it up !!

• I'm not asking you to take my word for it im telling you to look it up !!

I have better things to do with my time and I'm not going to respond to your comments on this thread after this. Have a nice weekend and good luck to you.

• Have you thought of teaching a course on Construct 3 for Udemy or Skillshare? I think you'd do really well there.

Not really a way back i wanted to open a youtube tutorial channel but im lacking time ... have multiple projects on my hand some bigger some smaller and i do Construct tutorials to relax, where i can share some of my experience with it.

But i did found Udemy, being very good for teaching and learning online, Udemy and Skillshare is not a scam on that part, they can't be, there are courses for sale for those that don't want to learn things the traditional way, or don't have time. People call scams on anything today that is overpriced, and as any market there will be low quality content for 400$ from what you don't learn nothing, or a amazing course that is 20$ and you learn everything you want on the subject you pick. But that is not Udemy fault, more of the sellers fault.

Probably in the future when i find some little time on my hands to gather the most frequent needed tutorials, il consider it either posting it on my own blog, udemy like site or youtube, but as of now chips to much time. Thanks for the appreciation, and im glad it helped you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)