How do I render objects outside the viewport area?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • I can make objects scroll outside the viewport area using unbounded scrolling, but nothing actually renders outside the viewport area, and when I set the viewport area to be the entire dimensions of the layout, the scrollto behavior on my player stopped working and the camera was too zoomed out. I'm new to Construct so maybe the answer is obvious and I just don't understand.

If it's important:

Layout: 1708 x 960

Viewport: 854 x 480

Margins: 1000 x 1000

• I don't understand what you are trying to achieve. Normally you don't need to change the viewport or canvas size in runtime. You choose one resolution for your game and stick to it, the viewport will be resized for different displays automatically. Check out this tutorial

construct.net/en/tutorials/supporting-multiple-screen-sizes-77

• I want to use the full layout area for my game, yet outside the dotted rectangle (which I assume is the viewport area) nothing renders. Even when I activate unbounded scrolling or expand the viewport area anything outside that 1708 x 960 area does not appear when I run the game. Is there any way this can be changed?

• What do you mean by "nothing renders"? Objects outside of the visible area will render when you scroll there.

Can you post your project file, or a screenshots demonstrating the issue?

• (When I insert an image it's just shows up as bunch of numbers in the message writer so I don't know if you actually see them as images or not. I've been trying to find a way to send something but the images are just

, if the images do show up just ignore this first part)

This is the layout, the checkerboard background stretches all across it.

This is when I run the game with unbounded scrolling and go to the edge, nothing shows up past a certain point (This empty area is still well within the layout bounds, I know that on the edge of the layout itself nothing shows up but this is just somewhere in the middle.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, I definitely did not explain that very well. Re-thinking what I've said, this issue probably has nothing to do with the viewport area, as the part of the layout that does load exceeds the dotted rectangle. That being said, I still have no idea what is causing this. I've messed around with the viewport, the margins, the scale rate, and the camera settings and still I have no clue. I think that's a better way of putting it, the problem might not be at all connected to the viewport area. Basically, at a certain point in the layout when running the game, objects don't appear (as you can see in the images).

• Check Parallax and Scale Rate on layers. Check Z-elevation setting on objects which you can't see. Run the project in debug mode (Shift-F4), find the missing objects in the list on the left, check their properties - coordinates, layer, opacity, make sure they are visible etc.

If nothing helps, please post your project file

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)