Problem with full screen

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • I have tried all the screen settings, but whenever I export for android, a gray line appears at the bottom of the screen.

I use the C3 rumtime, I am currently working on 3 games, the other 2 work well in full screen.

• Have you checked : construct.net/en/tutorials/supporting-multiple-screen-sizes-17

What exactly is your resolution and project properties in regard to size and fullscreen mode ?

The screenshot you provides looks like an exported HTML5 game executed in the browser, is it the case ?

If it is, do you use the browser plugin "Set full screen" action ?

If not, try it.

• This is my current configuration (I have tried with all)

The image I made with photoshop, is what happens when I export it on android (I have tried on several different phones).

The gray bar does not appear in the preview, only when I run it on android.

• I have done more tests, with the same result.

Kyatric> If it is, do you use the browser plugin "Set full screen" action ?

I did this, but it did not work ...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Same problem here, no solution for this problem? I tried every combination, nothing works...

• deaddisk > Same problem here, no solution for this problem? I tried every combination, nothing works...

Can you tell me what your configuration is, or do you have any idea why this happens?

• A photograph of the problem on the phone

• The best bet is to probably use scale outer.

Below is a test example.

https://www.sizzle-games.com/full_screen_android.c3p

The big Blue sprite, is your safe zone, within this zone, everything is shown on most mobile phone screen sizes, so keep stuff that you want certain to show (cut scenes, boss fights,etc), within this zone.

Backgrounds should be made slightly bigger than the layout, to allow for Tablets etc.

I have tested this by exporting to an APK, and it works with no grey bar at the bottom.

Hope this helps.

cheers

• sizcoz> The best bet is to probably use scale outer.

That was the first configuration I used (I've already tried all the possible configurations) and the gray line never disappears.

• sizcoz> The best bet is to probably use scale outer.

That was the first configuration I used (I've already tried all the possible configurations) and the gray line never disappears.

Did you tick hide status bar ?

I usually make all my apps like this, and have never had this problem?

• I also thought about it.

If you turn off the screen of the mobile, when you turn it on, the gray line disappears and the game is displayed in full screen, I've seen it a few minutes ago.

• Some moderator could look at this problem, I really do not know what to do.

• I agree, support is bad - only users help users here...

• Taximan What;s you're phone resolution,have you tried it on a diffrent devices.

sizcoz

The best bet is to probably use scale outer.

Below is a test example.

https://www.sizzle-games.com/full_screen_android.c3p

The big Blue sprite, is your safe zone, within this zone, everything is shown on most mobile phone screen sizes, so keep stuff that you want certain to show (cut scenes, boss fights,etc), within this zone.

Backgrounds should be made slightly bigger than the layout, to allow for Tablets etc.

I have tested this by exporting to an APK, and it works with no grey bar at the bottom.

Hope this helps.

cheers

I'm browsing the forum because I wanted a solution to my problem with fullscreen on mobile device until I read this.I'm using similar method to this, I'm developing a topdown shooter game the consequences when using scale outer is offscreen objects becomes visible like enemy, walls near the edge , maze objects,etc.... so you have to make an adjustment on everything to make the sprites/layout/images responsive and I'm using this features " (ViewportLeft("Layer") + ViewportRight("Layer")) / 2 " the downside is if you have 100 objects with diffrenet X and Y position on a single layout you have to adjust on every objects (correct me if I'm wrong).If you have any method feel free to share.

• Some moderator could look at this problem, I really do not know what to do.

Moderators are here to moderate the forums, they do not have all the technical answers to all the questions about Construct.

I'm like you, I do not know, you haven't provided an actual project in c3p so all we can go from is the screenshot you've posted.

In those conditions, the help and suggestions already provided in the topic are what you can expect.

I agree, support is bad - only users help users here...

The fact that users helps themselves out is pretty good, as there are far more users than moderators, so there is a better chance that a user might have an answer.

Valid answers and help was already provided, with an actual template of a user who does not encounter the same kind of issue you do apparently encounter.

Perhaps you should try to adapt your project to the template he offered.

If you want to get in touch with the support do send an email at supportcuw@scirra.com which is the actual dedicated technical support for Construct.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)