Leaderboard - Game Center/Google Play...

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • well then keep what you have, and add the submit and display actions in a GooglePlay "On signed in" condition

• I've added the is signed in as a sub event to the Android version here:

But I can't seem to add the on auth successful as a sub-event to the iOS version:

Any idea how to implement the iOS version?

• The 'Is signed in' is not really necessary.

You have it right for the GameCenter, but you need to also do what you had before:

Then for Google Play, use "On Signed In": https://prnt.sc/javtoo

You have to duplicate, because you don't know whether they are signed in or not, and you're calling the submit and show actions too soon after trying to sign the user in.

• Right OK - think I've got it now.

How's this?

• yes this should work. I'm sure you could optimise it a little more.

1 possible problem I see with your set up (because you don't want to auto-sign them in at start of layout), is that you are sending the highscore AND displaying the leaderboard at the same time, which could mean the latest highscore you are sending won't show up in the leaderboard .... maybe. Otherwise it's good.

• 1 possible problem I see with your set up (because you don't want to auto-sign them in at start of layout), is that you are sending the highscore AND displaying the leaderboard at the same time, which could mean the latest highscore you are sending won't show up in the leaderboard .... maybe.

Yep this happens - it always shows the last highscore until you go out of the leaderboard then back in where the new highscore is then displayed. I don't know how to get around that though.

• This set up seems to work fine for iOS but the Android version doesn't display the leaderboard (so I'm not sure if it's even posting to it). Is there some setting within the Google Play console that has to be set to activate the leaderboard?

• Did you publish the Game Services for the game? In the Google Play Cunsole, click on Game Services, then you should see the name of your game and under Status it should say Published.

Also, even if everything is set up correctly, I have noticed serious lag with requesting score, submitting score, and then after you've logged a new high score, showing the leaderboard.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If I select Publish in Game Services will this make the game live? I don't want it live yet as I'm still testing.

• You'll need to publish in Games Services for changes to take affect. Only backend game services become activated, game doesnt go live.

The game only goes live when you have an active production apk (or beta etc).

• If I select Publish in Game Services will this make the game live? I don't want it live yet as I'm still testing.

Publish Game Services then make sure you test with a Signed APK, not a debug or unsigned APK.

• A signed APK - is this when you create a signing key? I created one of those and use it when I’m building in Phonegap and it creates a release.apk - is this what you mean?

• A signed APK - is this when you create a signing key? I created one of those and use it when I’m building in Phonegap and it creates a release.apk - is this what you mean?

Yes

• OK - I've created an Alpha release and added my test email as my tester account that's tied to my test phone.

On the Review and Rollout screen the Start Rollout to Alpha button is greyed out - so something is missing.

Any ideas?

• I'm guessing you need to finish filling out all the other portions of the store listing like images and description and privacy policy, etc... there should be some sort of warning or error message or link in upper right that tells you why you can't publish yet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)