How Do I Spawn Objects with the Platforming Behavior WITHOUT Default Controls Enabled?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Hello! I've been working on a little game and I've encountered a problem; whenever I spawn one of my AI's that uses the 'Platforming' behavior, it still has default controls enabled! I checked the parent sprite, it's default controls are disabled, and it doesn't seem like there's an event to disable default controls directly. Please help! If it's of any help, here's the file link. emcannon.com/code-help/ChickenChop.c3p

Thanks!

-EmCannon

• You can set Start Ignoring Input for the chicken.

It is an action of Platform behavior.

When you want to control it back, you can Stop Ignoring Input.

• You can set Start Ignoring Input for the chicken.

It is an action of Platform behavior.

When you want to control it back, you can Stop Ignoring Input.

The problem with ignoring input is that the chicken is constantly moving. Can I ignore input and still simulate control somehow?

• What I always do at the beginning of a project, is make an objects bank layout. I put the first one of every object type in that layout. When objects are spawned, they are like the first one by default.

If you didn't do this, you will have to locate the first chicken (The debugger is best for this, just click on no. 0 of that object type. Then remember which object that is [possibly its UID]), and close the debugger. Locate that chicken and drag it out of the screen, and set the platform default controls disabled.

I hope this helps you.

• I don't know why that happens but it shouldn't. You can resolve this by clone the chicken on the layout and replace the chicken object with the new cloned chicken2 object in all events.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I figured it out, thanks for all the help!

• Glad I could help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)