How do I prompt Wall post instant games ?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Guys, please keep it civil.

Sami, I have looked at your reports and deemed no action is currently necessary, Fredriksthlm was only trying to help but there's obviously been some miscommunication here.

Lol i dont want action i wanted to know if this was normal on c3 community. fredriksthlm helped me out tho by answering the question. Hiding in a layer is good, tho it doesn't pop anything, the console shows nothing, its like it does not even run the function.

This is getting out of hand haha, my question is just how do i make the share option on IG work, all the other IG options work! And GeorgeZaharia what you say works, but i am still not getting a popup when it comes to the IG "share" , IG show add and everything else works, facebook login works. I am so confused, i am sorry if this thread got out of hand haha i am just so tired after trying all the solutions.

• > How do i Prompt a wall post using instant games, your answer was:

You've confused two different services. They both happen to be run by Facebook, but they are different.

The Facebook plugin uses the Facebook API which can share wall posts to the user's Facebook account. However it's mostly defunct now in favour of the new Instant Games service.

The Instant Games plugin uses the Instant Games API which can share to the current Messenger thread. It can't make wall posts, because it's designed to run in Messenger, an instant messaging app.

Both are run by Facebook, but this doesn't change the fact you can't make wall posts from Instant Games.

I'm afraid you have confused the capabilities of the two services. Getting upset won't help anything. Please refer to the Forum & Community guidelines; you will be held to these rules regardless of the issue at hand.

Again Ashley ......... I am only talking about IG , the option where you go for example "on button click" > IG >share (or invite etc). Everything with IG is working except this, that is why i am so short tempered i am sorry. Do you have any tips or examples? Since every thing with IG is working , EXCEPT the share function, maybe some plugin is blocking it for me?

• And GeorgeZaharia what you say works, but i am still not getting a popup when it comes to the IG "share" , IG show add and everything else works, facebook login works.

Well if you are using the facebook login api and your app is working on messenger app, then u are using both facebook api and IG api, and the share action ... on my solution would be actually facebook share wall post. which has nothing to do with IG. Sorry about that.

Also, can we see a c3p file on what your setup is looking like, we might actually all have solutions for this problem, just maybe we confuse each other lol? the facebook/ig part if you can isolate it.

• Did it solve your issue or not? (By placing the image on the layout?)

Please file a screenshot of your events. Otherwise hard to help you. It is working for everyone else but you I think.

• I think the main problem with this post is that you didn't explain how it's not working for you. You asked how do I share posts to Facebook news feed, I have tried for days. So in what way is it not working for you? Some more detail around this would've helped other users work out what you could be doing wrong and I see now the thread has become requests for your C3 file anyway.

Looks like Ashley's comments are implying that although possible to share to the news feed using IG according to SDK documentation, maybe it isn't possible in Construct 3 plugin and you can only share to the messenger part. OP you will have used this more than me, maybe you can explain what you tried and what is and is not being shared when you use the share part of the plugin.

• I think the main problem with this post is that you didn't explain how it's not working for you. You asked how do I share posts to Facebook news feed, I have tried for days. So in what way is it not working for you? Some more detail around this would've helped other users work out what you could be doing wrong and I see now the thread has become requests for your C3 file anyway.

Looks like Ashley's comments are implying that although possible to share to the news feed using IG according to SDK documentation, maybe it isn't possible in Construct 3 plugin and you can only share to the messenger part. OP you will have used this more than me, maybe you can explain what you tried and what is and is not being shared when you use the share part of the plugin.

As in previous post, i have even tried a empty project with just IG , as i said, as of the title of this thread it has not recieved ANY whatsoever relative good responses , so don't even get me started on if i wrote this wrong or not. the title says " How do i prompt wall post instant games?" , do you see anyone even posting something other than facebook SDK's and IG and how they dont work together? Thought so.

So , in conclusion, AGAIN, the problem my friends is that i have IG, all setup, everything is working, ads are working, BUT

when i use the "on click button" if user logged in "share" , nothing happens, in the console, nothing happens, but if i for example extract my whole project and upload to facebook, the audience network works and the IG plugin calls the ads without any issues, the OOONLY thing not showing up, is the actual PROMPT screen that is "share,invite" etc...

That is why i have asked for an example, how would you proceed if you want to share a score on the users board?

I would accept messenger, just weird if c3 has the option if it aint working. but messenger would be great, but now window is popping up.

• Did it solve your issue or not? (By placing the image on the layout?)

Please file a screenshot of your events. Otherwise hard to help you. It is working for everyone else but you I think.

Sorry Fredrik i have not solved it, as i said, everything is working with IG, except for the share/invite/compete function. Now do you have any recommendations on how to proceed? The console shows nothing , that is very weird. I have tried multiple solutions like example "if button clicked while facebook logged in " then "share" "object1" that is on a hidden layer, altho nothing happens, no screen whatsoever comes up, however if i use the "show ad "function with IG, it does show the ad, if i use the "get player data/score" function, it does get the score. VERY weird.

Note : Also , to bring up the FB plugin, it works flawless on C3 aswell except for when i use the share option xD , it seems i have no luck in this. EVERYTHING comes up except the share function.

• So construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/how-do-i-instant-games-142449

this guy there shared a picture, and i have done exactly that, this seems like a problem at my end, and not C3 . Any tips on what can cause this type of issue?

• the user there just told the bellow was the solution to this issue... same as frankie.... so just drop/place the image u want to share in the layout from which the share action is called.

The sprite must be in the same layout.

i keep saying frankie but is fredrik lol ...

• don't use "if user logged in" as an event.

just on button clicked-> IG Share

and have the image on the layout.

Or post your events, we cannot help you otherwise.

• don't use "if user logged in" as an event.

just on button clicked-> IG Share

and have the image on the layout.

Or post your events, we cannot help you otherwise.

Thanks fredriksthlm for your help, i resolved it and i dont really know how but in my other thread, the guy there told me to have the sprite on the same layout/layer from where the command executes, and now it works. I HAVE no idea why this is an issue but yeah thank you for your help , i removed the "if logged in" part

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • the user there just told the bellow was the solution to this issue... same as frankie.... so just drop/place the image u want to share in the layout from which the share action is called.

> The sprite must be in the same layout.

i keep saying frankie but is fredrik lol ...

Yeah lol what u said worked! Fredrik solution was to have it on a hidden layer. But that still works , as long as you have the object in the same layout it seems.

• I get this error now in console [Instant Games] Initialized OK main.js:11 [Construct 3] Failed to lock orientation: DOMException (anonymous) main.js:11 main.js:7 The deviceorientation events are blocked by feature policy. See https://github.com/WICG/feature-policy/blob/master/features.md#sensor-features Attach main.js:7 main.js:7 The devicemotion events are blocked by feature policy. See https://github.com/WICG/feature-policy/blob/master/features.md#sensor-features Attach main.js:7 sdk.js?hash=dd1410e51276f53d444afd2118f2685f&ua=modern_es6:147 Blocked opening 'https://www.facebook.com/v3.0/dialog/oauth?app_id=311436689565115&channel_url=https%3A%2F%2Fstaticxx.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter%2Fr%2Fd_vbiawPdxB.js%3Fversion%3D44%23cb%3Df1779faf7aa504%26domain%3Dapps-311436689565115.apps.fbsbx.com%26origin%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fapps-311436689565115.apps.fbsbx.com%252Ff129c51dbe2b674%26relation%3Dopener&client_id=311436689565115&display=popup&domain=apps-311436689565115.apps.fbsbx.com&e2e=%7B%7D&fallback_redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapps-311436689565115.apps.fbsbx.com%2Finstant-bundle%2F2720392731334552%2F2121263361326080%2Findex.html&locale=en_US&origin=1&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fstaticxx.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter%2Fr%2Fd_vbiawPdxB.js%3Fversion%3D44%23cb%3Df31fe079bf579dc%26domain%3Dapps-311436689565115.apps.fbsbx.com%26origin%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fapps-311436689565115.apps.fbsbx.com%252Ff129c51dbe2b674%26relation%3Dopener%26frame%3Df1d52c3167ba3b4&response_type=token%2Csigned_request&scope=public_profile%2Cuser_posts&sdk=joey&version=v3.0' in a new window because the request was made in a sandboxed frame whose 'allow-popups' permission is not set. popup sdk.js?hash=dd1410e51276f53d444afd2118f2685f&ua=modern_es6:147 c3runtime.js:409 [Construct 3] Suspending

• Sami424 is your app in testing mode? there is a popup sandbox error and a device orientation not sure what that is about.

probably the orientation is not set to landscape or portrait, on the orientation error, where if im not mistaken on Ig u have to lock the orientation as the iframe loads directly to landscape or portrait based on the settings in the developers.dahsboard.

make sure ur app is live also, and not in sandbox, and allow popups? ehm, is a bit odd never had those issues you have there.

only console errors i get are ads related xD, failing to load.

• Sami424 is your app in testing mode? there is a popup sandbox error and a device orientation not sure what that is about.

probably the orientation is not set to landscape or portrait, on the orientation error, where if im not mistaken on Ig u have to lock the orientation as the iframe loads directly to landscape or portrait based on the settings in the developers.dahsboard.

make sure ur app is live also, and not in sandbox, and allow popups? ehm, is a bit odd never had those issues you have there.

only console errors i get are ads related xD, failing to load.

Its on instant games, its hosted on instant games, so no not testing, ads work etc. i get a orientation error where it says it failed to Set orientation tho, i will look into this.

Jump to:
Order by:
Duplicate Topics
Last Post
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)