How do I Make Physics Angle on Impulse Object (object with "face" not symmetric object)?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi,

Sorry for the thread title which confusing :(

basically I am learning about physics, and I play around with Physics Catapult template

This is not a problem if the object is symmetric like sphere or an arrow. but when the object is a character with "face", that could be look weird (especially I need to turn on the "prevent rotation" check box).

I want the object facing down when falling down, and facing up when going up.

This .c3p is what I change : modified

well, the change work when the object "in the air" really look like what I need, but when the object hit floor (immoveable), the object start blinking all the time.. although I use "impulse" not "force".. I need the object periodically slow down and stop when hit floor..

Is there any other effective way to do this ? Most of the physics shoot tutorial using symmetric object.. I can't found one that look like what I try to achieve.

Anyone with awesome idea to share ? Thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This should work.

https://www.wackytoaster.at/parachute/physicsCatapultTemplate2.c3p

Thanks man for the reply.. I will try.. but I still need to "prevent rotation" all the time the object move.. even collision with ground/ landed, it will move and face right or left.

Thank you very much

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)