How do I create floating text for multiple units with 1 text?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • So, im wondering, what is the best way, to create a floating DMG text, but using 1 spritetext or text object? So i dont have to do a new for each unit, any tips`?

Also what is the best way to create UI? I mean different menus? im currently using families to create it and setting position using system spawn object at x and y

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For dmg above a unit you can put the txt object in a container with the enemy so when you spawn enemy it has a txt object with it that you can pin above it.

• For dmg above a unit you can put the txt object in a container with the enemy so when you spawn enemy it has a txt object with it that you can pin above it.

True, right now i have a bullet aiming in a 270 angle, (up). and a fade effect. The pin and container solution has been on my mind, if i create a container tho, i have to set the text to visible when hit and invisible when not hit right?

• If you're talking about something that shows damage taken then I guess you create it above the enemy on hit yes, I had a health bar in my mind.

• If you're talking about something that shows damage taken then I guess you create it above the enemy on hit yes, I had a health bar in my mind.

I got health bars, just adding the dmg text to give it more style.

• > If you're talking about something that shows damage taken then I guess you create it above the enemy on hit yes, I had a health bar in my mind.

I got health bars, just adding the dmg text to give it more style.

Question is just how i use this 1 sprite font and bullet behaviour to show all the dmg text but for each unit, maybe a instance variable just havent figured out how yet..

• I made it using a instance variable added to the text. Not many replies here, if anyones is wondering set text to whatever its instance variable is, on created.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)