Hide Status Bar via Xcode build...

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • I've exported my app as an XCode project and then archived it via XCode as a .ipa file and installed it on my iphone.

I have 'Hide status bar' selected in XCode but the status bar still displays:

Is there something else I need to check or is there code I need to alter to hide the status bar from the build?

Thanks all

• Just to add I also have ‘Hide status bar’ checked when doing the initial export from Construct too.

• Did you managed to fix this?

I'm having the same issue as well. My last build was on 23-24th May and it was okay. I tried it today via Xcode and status bar wasn't hidden despite being checked.

What I remembered was, if you had status bar checked when you export from C3, the status bar option in Xcode should be automatically checked as well, but it doesn't seems to be that way this time round.

But even when I try to up another version and checked it manually, the status bar isn't hiding.

• I got the following reply from Iain Shorter last week:

The suggested methods for hiding the statusbar don't seem to work for me, Apple tend to change things a lot and I remember this historically being difficult. So to work around this I've set it to be programmatically hidden. This means it will appear for a short duration during loading but it's hidden as soon as the renderer is initialised.

This patch should be in the next release.

I don’t know what release the patch is included in but I’m using r105 and it still appears for me. Not sure what number the current stable release is.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I got the following reply from Iain Shorter last week:

> The suggested methods for hiding the statusbar don't seem to work for me, Apple tend to change things a lot and I remember this historically being difficult. So to work around this I've set it to be programmatically hidden. This means it will appear for a short duration during loading but it's hidden as soon as the renderer is initialised.

> This patch should be in the next release.

I don’t know what release the patch is included in but I’m using r105 and it still appears for me. Not sure what number the current stable release is.

Thanks for sharing! I guess I will have to make do with the "Light" status bar in the meanwhile..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)