How do I export my game to .ipa format?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I want to export my game to .ipa format to download to my iPhone. How do I do this??

I'm using Construct 3

Tagged:

• You can't. You have to use xcode because apple. Even then you cannot just install it, you'll have to get familiar with all the apple developer stuff and probably get an account too (100$/year). Not sure if you can avoid these restrictions with a jailbreak.

• I know it's not easy, but there must be a way to do it without paying £80.

I want to be able to upload it to diawi.com for ios.

Really I only want to know how to test the app.

• Apple won't let you install unsigned applications onto an iOS device, and you need a developer account to sign an application. Which as WackyToaster said costs ~$100 a year.

You also need a mac with xcode on to create applications, it can't be done on Windows or Linux. xcode is technically free, and you can build and run an unsigned application in the simulator without a developer account. But you cannot create an IPA.

You might be able to find a 3rd party service that will do it, but you will have to pay I'm sure.

• You also need a mac with xcode

It´s also possible to get it working fine in a VM (virtual box) but that one was quite a task to get working properly (also emulating won´t work I think, because you´ll have an iphone emulator running on a virtual mac running on a windows machine, at least my pc didn´t manage but might be possible). But still, that doesn´t circumvent the developer account.

IIrc you can create a debug .ipa that only work on specific devices, not sure anymore if you get the actual file or have to deploy it via a beta-channel in the store.

• Legally ( but not technically ) you can only run macos in a VM if the host environment is running on Apple hardware, according to the EULA. EULAs are fairly soft but I would recommend staying on Apple's good side if your hoping to make money through their platform. Apple software is a shining example of a walled ecosystem...

IIrc you can create a debug .ipa that only work on specific devices, not sure anymore if you get the actual file or have to deploy it via a beta-channel in the store.

I thought you could only run it on a physical device if you had signed it? Certainly xcode wont let you build to device without a code signing identity.

• I know it's not easy, but there must be a way to do it without paying £80.

-If you intend just to Test On iPhones Devices then you don't need to Pay

-But when it comes the Time for Release the App then you will have to Pay for the Developers Account no way around it

I thought you could only run it on a physical device if you had signed it? Certainly xcode wont let you build to device without a code signing identity.

Indeed that is still true, you need to add first the Devices ID Numbers to the Certificate so when you try to install it on any Device checks if that Device ID Number Matches the Ones you have on the Certificate List if yes then it will finish the Installation but if not it will just Stop the Installation.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Gellowg

you can also use remote preview if you just want to test it out for free.

And you can export for HTML, upload it to a website, open it in Safari and save to Home screen. This works really well - and the price is right (free if you already have a web site).

• you can also use remote preview if you just want to test it out for free.

And you can export for HTML, upload it to a website, open it in Safari and save to Home screen. This works really well - and the price is right (free if you already have a web site).

Indeed but there is sadly no guarantee that it will behave exactly the same as a regular app.

• I have a membership including remote preview, But I want to be able to share my game with my friends. Non-Profit. There must be a way without paying £100.

• If it really is just about sharing it with friends, use what AllanR wrote

And you can export for HTML, upload it to a website, open it in Safari and save to Home screen.

• I have a membership including remote preview, But I want to be able to share my game with my friends. Non-Profit. There must be a way without paying £100.

Gellowg Sorry, I'm a bit confuse about What is your real problem? you didn't describe what problems you having now

You asked for:

I know it's not easy, but there must be a way to do it without paying £80.

You can do all that without Paying the 80 Pounds Fee as I described on my first Post so I'm not sure which problems you having now or maybe you are looking for something else?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)