Do Custom Splash Screen?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • One of the benefits listed under personal licenses is "Custom splash screens", but in loader style I only see the option of choosing Construct 3 splash. Where should I upload my custom splash so that the game (exported as native mobile app) can load with my own splash? Thanks.

• Anyone has any idea on how to do that? If it is listed as one of the main features, it shouldn't be hard. Any help please?

I am wondering if there is indeed this feature, but it is clearly listed here.

https://www.construct.net/make-games/buy-construct-3

• I have not done it so Im not 100% but I think

Make a new Layout that you want as the Slash Screen/Loading Screen

this can be just a static screen or your own custom loading animated bar or other widgets.

then in the project options

select this new layout as the "First Layout"

then select "nothing" in the Loader Style

then tick "Use Loader Layout"

This will use your first Layout as the Loader/Splash Screen(s)

You have to make sure the First layout is very very light and can load ultra quick otherwise you will have a black screen until it loads.

As I said though ive not done before so Im not sure how to trigger to go to next layout when all loaded or maybe it happens automatically

• I tried that, with the loader layout containing only a 250x250 sprite, but it still takes maybe 1-2 seconds before that will show up. The C3 splash can show up instantly, and I believe for iOS xCode project, we can change the splash screen. So I am wondering if we can do the same for android app or not.

It also said that we may want to focus on custom splash image for native apps in the limitations section.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/318/ho ... ng-screens

• Ahh interesting

So if it is mobile app then no point of having custom loader.

Does the C3 splash screen screen still show up on mobile app ?

if so then cant you just dig the C3 image from the app files and swap with your own?

If not then you can use a timed overlay on layout 1 (not loader layout) with your splash screen(s)

i dunno sorry as i said i haven't done. there should be plenty here that have though.

So now I am also intrigued about what exactly the paid feature "Custom Splash Screen" means then?

• Yes, the C3 splash screen will show up in mobile app if I choose the loader style to be C3 splash.

I try to do everything in C3 (using its build service to produce unsigned apk) and I don't know where I can find the splash screen files, because there is only a single c3p file for the project and there is not much in it. Not sure if the splash screen files can be located/replaced when using other build service such as phonegap or not.

• What type of exporter are you using while exporting as a native app?

• Does the C3 logo display even after exporting via phonegap/cocoonjs/appmobi?

As it is mentioned , it should not appear when exporting through any of these. Did u manage to hide the c3 logo?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • One of the benefits listed under personal licenses is "Custom splash screens", but in loader style I only see the option of choosing Construct 3 splash..

Hi, did you success to make the custom splash ? could you share some tip/suggestion how to achieve that, please ?

• I found it described here: construct.net/en/tutorials/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens-9

Here is the part i mean:

"...Use loader layout enables the use of a loader layout. By default it is disabled, so you need to specifically turn it on for each project. Then, the first layout becomes the loader layout. You should specifically select your loader layout with the First layout option to make sure it is the first layout to appear (otherwise Construct might choose a different layout to use for the loader)...".

So if i understand it correctly you have to make the first screen as simple as possible (not much graphics), Turn On "use Loader Layouts" and under First Layout choose the "Loader"-Layout you created.

• I found it described here: construct.net/en/tutorials/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens-9

Here is the part i mean:

"...Use loader layout enables the use of a loader layout. By default it is disabled, so you need to specifically turn it on for each project. Then, the first layout becomes the loader layout. You should specifically select your loader layout with the First layout option to make sure it is the first layout to appear (otherwise Construct might choose a different layout to use for the loader)...".

So if i understand it correctly you have to make the first screen as simple as possible (not much graphics), Turn On "use Loader Layouts" and under First Layout choose the "Loader"-Layout you created.

That link is just a repost from " scirra.com/tutorials/318/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens " (Scirra site to > Construct site)

and it is from year 2012, that means 7 years old... is it still relevant?

It still show default progress bar/ or Construct 3 default loading / or blank black screen (if you choose nothing) instead of "customize loading screen" which means it is not fully customized splash screen, it is just showing a layer before the main menu layer of your game.

I just hope somebody from official who read this thread could clarify about this "Custom splash screen"

Simple question : Custom splash screen work for mobile export (.apk) Yes/No ?

If yes, put an example .c3p in editor page

If no, they should put a note for paid plan about custom splash screen not work for mobile.

• pilpgam

I agree with you on this one!

Getting the app to start nicely is a pain on android!

Also google now recommends you add adaptive icons in your apk. As far as I know we can't do that in C3 either.

I always use android studio to get the adaptive icons working. It's quite easy actually! In android studio you can also add a splashActivity to at least make the startup a bit better looking if you want, but that requires some coding.

I wish adaptive icons and custom splash screens could be added in construct 3!

• Sorry for bumping old topics but It seams a current problem of C3. I also can't use my own splash screen with loading bars and such. The only thing I can do is set loader style to only percentage and add artificial time in my loader layout just to show my "splash screen" and then move to the actual game.

Is that it or we are missing something?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)