Why no updates?

0 favourites
  • In short, it's been 18 days without any updates...no more support from Scirra?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In short, it's been 18 days without any updates...no more support from Scirra?

Is this a joke?

• Are you serious?

They stated in their 'A year in review' post that we'll be soon getting our hands on the new runtime. How about we give them a little bit of time to get things in shape.

I really don't wanna be in Scirra's shoes these days.

• Big things are coming.

• and now it came. RELEASE R95

N E W R U N T I M E

https://www.construct.net/se/make-games ... s/beta/r95

• Can someone explain what give new runtime for us? Im trying new runtime 3 and get black screen on start layout

• I got just a black screen as well for all the included four demos at least, nothing loaded. Have not tried any of my own games.

• Hey everyone, just as a reminder the new runtime is considered "early alpha". Some things are missing, or broken. We're releasing it so that you get a look at what we're working on, and that we can find some of the more illusive bugs. If you want to read more, check out Ashley's blog post.

I've had a look at Demonoire and it looks like the Spritefont plugin is broken at the moment, which is stopping it from loading.

• Hey everyone, just as a reminder the new runtime is considered "early alpha". Some things are missing, or broken. We're releasing it so that you get a look at what we're working on, and that we can find some of the more illusive bugs. If you want to read more, check out Ashley's blog post.

I've had a look at Demonoire and it looks like the Spritefont plugin is broken at the moment, which is stopping it from loading.

Thanks for clarification! If spritefont is broken then none of my games will work, so now I do not have to test anymore in this release

• I am also getting a black screen. Audio is also not working. However, the example templates from the start page works except for my project (no 3rd party installed) which was originally imported from C2.

• Please remember to report C3 bugs here and not in this thread.

Thanks

• Thanks. Will try to create a minimal project for bug report.

Many software tools out there only have updates every few months. I think we've really spoiled you with regular updates if you think 18 days is a long time!

• We're definitely spoiled. I'm very familiar with the normal pace of software development, and even so I still got the feeling like it had been an abnormally long while since the last Construct update

• > In short, it's been 18 days without any updates...no more support from Scirra?

>

Many software tools out there only have updates every few months. I think we've really spoiled you with regular updates if you think 18 days is a long time!

And I think we (the customers) have really spoilt you by not raising holy he$$ over the fact that C3 is buggy and unreliable - yet youre now fragmenting again.

Instead of working-on/releasing yet another strain of Construct (runtime) that has to be maintained, why not get what we're paying for into decent shape- C3? Barely a day goes by without some link in the process being broken or not working as expected. Yet everybody seems to be OK with it - its bizarre.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)