White or Black Screen Problem with Samsung Note 5 (WE NEED HELP)

• Hey guys,

I am developing a app, my device is Samsung Note 5. but I have a problem about this... Everything is working fine after 6 weeks ago. Now I updated my game and I tried this ( with Debug apk) now game is opening and I am seeing a white screen and banner ad. I am not using load layout, I tried with load layout it is ok, but I still have the white screen issue when full screen ad is available. So I have a big problem. I'm using my old settings (my settings six weeks ago). The interesting part is this. "The app works great when I remove the Advert plugin in my Samsung Note 5" ... and the app works great on my other phone when there are ads (advert plugin). So we have a big problem with the Samsung Note 5 device, this is also true for other constrcut 3 games... I tried "Boatman Bill, Snak in the Grass and Super Soccer Skills" these are Sizzle-Games's games and these game have same problem (white screen or black screen problem.

Now I give information about my own game:

Use Loader Layout: NO CHECK

Loader Style: Nothing (I must write this, if I check c3 splash, then app is working good 25-35 seconds and again I saw white screen...)

Preload Sounds: CHECKED

1- Viewport Size: 720x1280

2- Viewport Fit: Auto

3- Fullsceen Mode: Scale Outer

4- Fullscreen Quality: High

5- Orientations: Portrait

6- Sampling: Linear

7- Pixel Rounding: NO CHECK

1- Enable WebGL: CHECKED

2- Use High DPI Display: CHECKED

3- Enchanced Acceleration Precision: NO CHECK

4- Downscaling Quailty: High

5- Clear Background: CHECKED

1- Preview Effects: CHECKED

2- Pause on unfocus: NO CHECK

3- Bundle Addons: NO CHECK

EXPORT SETTINGS: Android Cordova > I did not check anything in the first page > Min Version: 5.0.0 (Lollipop) / POPERTIES url white list: http://*/* https://*/* and only I checked hide status bar.

Ashley or others pls help me.

• I have the exact problem with my note 5... have you found a solution ?

• I have the exact problem with my note 5... have you found a solution ?

Do not use WebGL, I fixed this with this way. But then effects are not working...

• Another Q.....

no one close to me is using an android phone so i cant test if the apk with ads is working fine or not in other phones.. have you tried testing your apk on other phones?

( im using note 5 )

• > I have the exact problem with my note 5... have you found a solution ?

Do not use WebGL, I fixed this with this way. But then effects are not working...

thanks, ill try it

• Also experiencing the same issue on 4 of my c2 apps on Google Play.. white screens :(

• Confirmed switching WebGL off fixed the blank black/white screens too.

I can see updates on the Chromium Blog, June 12 2018, pointing to WebGL (WEBGL_compressed_texture_atc) deprecated, but I'm unsure if it's related? But something has definitely updated in the past week to cause these issues. Ashley

blog.chromium.org

chromestatus.com/features

• Hi Dan,

I was having the same problem then Fred helped out. You can disable WebGL2 but still keep WebGL enabled and it works perfect.

Heres my post on it:

construct.net/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/force-webgl1-135173

• Hi Dan,

I was having the same problem then Fred helped out. You can disable WebGL2 but still keep WebGL enabled and it works perfect.

Heres my post on it:

https://www.construct.net/ie/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/force-webgl1-135173

Nope doesn't work! made the suggested changes but it had absolutely no effect

• Hi Dan,

Heres my post on it:

https://www.construct.net/ie/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/force-webgl1-135173

Thanks METR1C that worked for me on my Samsung S7. Will have to be the quick fix for now. Reporting to Google and blacklist WebGL 2 on those devices may take some time.

• i had this problem too

works after disable WebGL on C3

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i had this problem too

works after disable WebGL on C3

Start use the new stable 111, and quit disable webgl

• Just wanted to say, if you export with Cordova in C2 and use export manager in C3 to create the app, the bug is still there. Got the Black/White screen yesterday.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)