Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • And also lucid, may I suggest posting future updates of the Spriter Plugin into the Official Construct 3 : Addons Page.

Reference : construct.net/make-games/addons

• Thanks a lot lucid! We really are looking forward to your updates! 😃✨👍

You still do plan to upgrade to the C3Runtime after the Custom Importer?

Eventually yes. Unfortunately, after a quick glance at the C3 Runtime API, the documentation seems to be geared more toward starting from scratch than updating a C2 plugin - so unless there is an upgrade guide somewhere it's a bit much to unpack until I have more time to really dig into it. I'm assuming there's a quicker upgrade path, if I were just to know exactly what sections of code will and won't need to be changed. But I can't spend too much time at the moment trying to figure it out, because there's still a lot to do to meet our Spriter 2 beta release deadline.

And also lucid, may I suggest posting future updates of the Spriter Plugin into the Official Construct 3 : Addons Page.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had forgotten about that. I just uploaded the C2 addon there. When I finish the importer stuff I'll upload the C3 one as well. I still need to go around and find all of our links to the old location and update them as well.

• lucid, Thank you very much for the update. I can only imagine what your daily planner looks like (ouf!) and it's easy to see how grateful the community is for all the efforts both teams at Scirra and Brashmonkey are putting into your work!

Ashley if there's anything you can send lucid to help speed up the C3 runtime Spriter plugin, please do so. I can't wait to move up to the new runtime and it's literally the only thing stopping me...

Thank you!

Stef

• lucid I have a quick question. Is it possible to load video or png sequence in spriter for reference in the background? I'd like to try rotoscoping animations for very life like movement, and reuse animations for several characters, of they all have the same bone structure?

If not. Maybe that would be an awesome addition to the new spriter version coming.

• captainsteff I asked Ashley a few specific questions. Depending on the response, I might be able to take another stab at this before putting it on the backburner for post Spriter2 release.

tunepunk No there is no specific feature like that for Spriter. We do have a tutorial video on using guide images though :

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Also, don't forget you can resuse animations for multiple characters if they share the same skeleton, using character maps:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

These types of features are a strong possibility for Spriter 2, but probably not coming until after all the more essential animation features are complete.

• captainsteff I will be putting the c3runtime on the backburner for now. Ashley recommended using the SDK as a template for a rewrite of the code. That will take some time, as the plugin is several thousand lines long. I'd rather take the time to do it correctly, rather than rush through it, leaving it difficult to maintain moving forward.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid, Thanks for the update. I understand perfectly.

• Thanks a lot for the update. What you're working on sounds pretty cool!

But it's bad news for me that you're putting the C3 runtime on the backburner, as it is really needed at this point. At least I understand that it will be a lot of work and appreciate that you're planning to do it correctly.

Thanks for your time and efforts!

• Just a quick update guys. The latest C3 beta addressed all the issues and requests I made to Ashley, but it turns out I forgot one thing, which is the ability to set the animation speed of each sprite. So I've asked if that will require an additional change. If not for that I would have been able to release the update today.

The good news is everything else I mentioned is working, including the automatic project type import, and automatically doing the hybrid import for you. Also, the import automatically sets the container to wrapped selection mode, so you drag all the sprites together automatically.

Lastly, another request Ashley said will most likely be filled in the beta following the next stable C3 update, makes it so the automatic creation of the sound playback events will be a definite inclusion as opposed to a 'maybe'. The code is already in the plugin commented out, so I should be able to release it the day of that C3 update.

• Awesome news! Thanks for the update lucid !

• The Construct 3 - Spriter Plugin has problems with Sprite-sheeting. Construct 3 combines images including Spriter Images. So, what happens, is that, the SCML plugin can display the wrong image.

So, the game developers that had ported from Construct 2 to Construct 3 also have broken games. Please, help us out on this by making a stable version of the Spriter Plugin as soon as you can.

• The SCML-Plugin is in the newest version of construct 3 r121 broken:

Error report information

Type: unhandled exception

File: blob:https://editor.construct.net/25c49792-0344-431f-83a2-606d2c97fc1e, line 41, col 14

Message: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'SetAlphaBlend' of null

Stack: TypeError: Cannot read property 'SetAlphaBlend' of null at SpriterInstance.Draw (blob:https://editor.construct.net/25c49792-0344-431f-83a2-606d2c97fc1e:41:14) at ǃu.ǃuIZ.ǃCB (https://editor.construct.net/r121/main.js:81:6810) at u.ǃCB (https://editor.construct.net/r121/main.js:81:224528) at o.ǃCB (https://editor.construct.net/r121/main.js:81:265066) at u.ǃCB (https://editor.construct.net/r121/main.js:81:249254) at window.ǃPa.ǃoM (https://editor.construct.net/r121/components/editors/layoutView/layoutView.js:1:7048) at ǃoC (https://editor.construct.net/r121/components/editors/layoutView/layoutView.js:1:1803)

Construct 3 version: r121

URL: editor.construct.net/r121

Date: Sun Oct 14 2018 17:21:20 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit)

Uptime: 100 s

Platform information

Browser: NW.js

Browser version: 0.33.3

Browser engine: Chromium

Browser architecture: 64-bit

Context: nwjs

Operating system: Windows

Operating system version: 10

Operating system architecture: 64-bit

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 1

Logical CPU cores: 8

Approx. device memory: 8 GB

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (@8920e690dd011895672947112477d10d5c8afb09) NWjs/0.33.3 (like Chrome/69.0.3497.100)

C3 release: r121 (beta)

Language setting: en-US

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)

Numeric version: 2

Supports NPOT textures: yes

Supports GPU profiling: no

Vendor: Google Inc.

Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 16384

Point size range: 1 to 1024

Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, OES_texture_float_linear, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context

You can't place the scml plugin to layout, without crash..

EDIT: When i remove this js-code from the plugin, it works for me:

iRenderer.SetAlphaBlend();

iRenderer.SetColorFillMode();

if (this.HadTextureError())

iRenderer.SetColorRgba(0.25, 0, 0, 0.25);

else

iRenderer.SetColorRgba(0, 0, 0.1, 0.1);

iRenderer.Quad(this._inst.GetQuad());

• Bump! macube, Thanks for reporting this. I'm using v120 stable. Can't use v121 with even the latest Spriter plugin. lucid, I know you're very busy with Spriter 2 but could you please take a look at this? Thanks!

• captainsteff I can send you a working version without the self-draw feature.

• macube, that would be great! Thank you very much! My email is captainsteffufy@gmail.com

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)