Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid

I didn't expected so much work already be done on the plugin!

New runtime support and good old method of importing. Everything works just like I needed it.

Thank you a lot and thanks to all people who helped you!

I'm definitely looking forward for Spriter 2!

• Hey. Guys this is a very educated decision on your part to do a plug for C3 runtime. I was very upset when I saw spriter 2 because there is still a lot of work, and I had to freeze all my projects on construct. But now that spriter pro is for the C3 runtime, you can continue to work on your projects and wait patiently for spriter 2. Thank you very much, good luck in development!

• Thanks for the kind words and support, everyone. And thanks for your patience.

• thanks Rable - try this version

Wow, the problem is already fixed! Thanks a lot for the super-fast update! :)

• Think I found a bug? Or maybe not a bug, probably an oversight.

If you drag a zipped spriter project onto a layout that has no event sheet, it will not process the import properly and will just create an "empty" scml object in the layout. No new sprite objects will be created for the spriter object. I think this might be because the importer doesn't know what to do without a layout event sheet selected.

• Another bug. This is with the c3runtime beta of the Spriter Plugin. When you restart a layout with Spriter objects in it, the game freezes. Layouts without the spriter objects in them are unaffected and restart normally.

• The plugin does not play the animation until there are no actions in the runtime. The animation starts playing only after the start of the 8-direction movement.

C3P

drive.google.com/drive/folders/10DJ9ZU4EnmJvIpjTxPF_PHUDT5kE237J

• Hi everyone. Thanks for all the testing and bug reports. Edgar is currently tied up, but I'll make sure he knows about each of these as soon as he's free to look into them. In the meantime please keep on testing. The more bugs he can go through per debugging session, the faster it will be completely stable.

• FIRST BUG REPORT [C3 Runtime only]

Spriter has problem with Z order when using many Spriters on one layer.

I use sorting with Sprites resembling Isometric and after sorting is done I put Spriter animation on top of basic object to which it attached to.

With one Spriter it works fine, but if you start using few - all others will be able to move on top in Z order if any other Spriter is above them and in the same time, they cannot move behind themselves.

I'm sure example will explain better what I mean.

Download C3

You won't be able to replicate this using C2 runtime so thankfully it is just another victim of plugin being in its earliest.

SECOND BUG REPORT [C3 & C2 Runtime]

Seems like Spriter in generally doesn't works well with For Each conditions which involve any changes in animation. I tried to rework everything so Spriter uses Platformer behavior & basic is only for sorting, but no success so far. This bug was actually found using C2 runtime.

This is most likely connected with the first bug.

• Zelevation also need to be include.

• Hi Lucid and Spriter team , there may be a lot like me, not making noise, but looking for solution to use with good performances the spriter pluggin with C3 runtime. every other day, i regularly come to see if any update. I have to say, i appreciated spriter (I brought spriter pro), not because it has the best hability to animate (it is not the case), but because it use to have the best pluggin for construct, highly integrated... (and some good tutorial). this is not any more the case.

Since a year now, I convinced myself that i have to be patient, but time pass and i loose trust in spriter team answer reliability.

Please, I beg you, could you please finilize this pluggin and integrate it into the official C-3 pluggin.

... and when spriter 2 appears (not considering the little spriter 2 demo available now), be the best for animation, the best for C3 runtime integration... and the best for tutorial.

I am sure it is a good business deal for you as well.

have a good day.

Bertrand

• Sorry. I've been tied up with a few things, including some rather complex Spriter 2 functionality.

Hopefully it won't be much longer before I can take a look at this stuff and release the needed fixes.

• Hi lucid, I think I found another bug/workaround with the C3 beta plugin. As you can see in this short video, if you "blend to start", the animations don't change in C3 runtime. But if you "play to start", it works fine.

Thanks for your help! youtu.be/EhkF6LEXM-Y

• Hi Lucid and Spriter team , there may be a lot like me, not making noise, but looking for solution to use with good performances the spriter pluggin with C3 runtime. every other day, i regularly come to see if any update. I have to say, i appreciated spriter (I brought spriter pro), not because it has the best hability to animate (it is not the case), but because it use to have the best pluggin for construct, highly integrated... (and some good tutorial). this is not any more the case.

Since a year now, I convinced myself that i have to be patient, but time pass and i loose trust in spriter team answer reliability.

Please, I beg you, could you please finilize this pluggin and integrate it into the official C-3 pluggin.

... and when spriter 2 appears (not considering the little spriter 2 demo available now), be the best for animation, the best for C3 runtime integration... and the best for tutorial.

I am sure it is a good business deal for you as well.

have a good day.

Bertrand

I completely agree with you. Make a working plugin for construct3 and then work on spriter 2, judging by the demo spriter 2 is very raw to use in your projects. Make a working spriter pro plugin for C3 this will be the best solution.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Lucid, as a lurker just wanted to chime in and say I'm looking forward to any updates on the Spriter for C3runtime plugin. Been working on a big project very much dependent on Spriter. It's been working great for our needs and we're often complimented on our animations (I always credit Spriter). However I've been stuck in the old C2 Runtime for ages now and our project is missing out on a tonne of new features (not to mention the supposed performance gains of C3).

So I got super excited when you released the experimental plugin. And it almost works!! When I switched over to the C3 runtime on our big project it actually ran! However I soon began to notice the cracks. The first is to do with the playing of animations (Blending problem explained well by captainsteff). The other pretty major one is that layout changes were crashing the game which i think i saw mentioned by another user in relation to this plugin. Switching back to C2runtime neither of these problems happen of course.

Excited for Spriter2 and by no means want to put down the amazing things your doing in that regard but basically I'm a C3 user looking for something practical and robust that works now (i.e. currently Spriter1 in C2 runtime). Spriter1 in C3 runtime in the not to distant future would be amazing for our project! So please keep up the good work on that plugin and fingers cross for more updates soon.

Big respect

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)