Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Ashley has gone to great lengths to make sure that SDK users would have the same abilities as that type of collaboration would provide. This is why the current version of the plugin's import process already has more features and is more streamlined than it was in Construct 2. ... even if it means annoying Ashley with 500 more SDK feature requests.

It's nice to hear that stuff is working out between you guys.

(I don't want to turn this into an outrage thread but there has been some controversy with amazing 3rd party plugin dev's leaving or stopping their work because of "SDK issues", that's why I'm concerned.)

We will make sure BrashMonkey's official support for Construct 3 with the Spriter 2 plugin will be completely awesome, .... I apologize for my relative scarcity while we finish up the Spriter 2 beta. I'm doing my best to make sure the wait will be worth it.

Amazing and thanks a lot for your work and support.

Excited for Spriter 2 and future updates!

• TheRealDannyyy - Ashley has gone to great lengths to make sure that SDK users would have the same abilities as that type of collaboration would provide. This is why the current version of the plugin's import process already has more features and is more streamlined than it was in Construct 2. We will make sure BrashMonkey's official support for Construct 3 with the Spriter 2 plugin will be completely awesome, even if it means annoying Ashley with 500 more SDK feature requests. I apologize for my relative scarcity while we finish up the Spriter 2 beta. I'm doing my best to make sure the wait will be worth it.

So if I get it correctly, we won't have a C3 runtime update of the current SCML plug-in before Spriter 2 gets out. You guys realize that I'm mostly unable to use a product I'm paying a timed subscription for because I've been waiting for this update for months...?

Paying for Spriter 2 is really not a problem, but I'm starting to lose trust in Brashmonkey team at this point. I hope I'll change my mind very soon.

• Guys, I have tried to ask too. But, it's kind of Brashmonkey is still too busy with Spriter 2.I don't blame them, it's just their schedule is overwhelming, no need to rush them. We should understand.

I would recommend using something else for now though, if you can. Because, we might be looking at something late 2019 for stable Spriter 2, not to mention the plugin runtime has to be rewritten, which may take longer, especially with early release bugs.

Performance-wise, using C3Runtime with frame-by-frame animations could be much more effective than using Spriter in C2Runtime. I tried in my tests and it's not so bad, if you do it right and know the ins and outs. Especially when memory might not be that much of an issue anymore.

My point is, what's the point of cool animations and animation editor if the performance is still of no quality. It's better to just use frame-by-frame animations if it will be faster anyway. Don't pressure Brashmonkey and just adapt for a while. They are already trying their best, as we can see.

It's better to adapt than waiting for a year to make a game or release a game. ;-) You won't even remember you need it.

Cheers!

• I completely understand their position, but as a customer it's still hard to get through.

As you can see below, I'm using 70-80 character maps just for my main character. There is no way to do this in sprite animations. Same goes in a more limited way for many of the enemies, all done with Spriter.

lucid , is the timeline to have something working in C3 runtime really like 1 year?

If so, the only option seem to remove the features I passed weeks to implement.

Once again, I understand your position, but I'm sure you understand mine too.

• So if I get it correctly, we won't have a C3 runtime update of the current SCML plug-in before Spriter 2 gets out. You guys realize that I'm mostly unable to use a product I'm paying a timed subscription for because I've been waiting for this update for months...?

Paying for Spriter 2 is really not a problem, but I'm starting to lose trust in Brashmonkey team at this point. I hope I'll change my mind very soon.

The C3 runtime has only been out a month, and that is correct, the c3 runtime update won't be out before Spriter 2. According to Ashley, the best route to update a plugin to the new runtime is a complete rewrite. The current plugin is several thousand lines long, and a rewrite would delay Spriter 2 even longer, and Spriter 2 is far more overdue than the c3 runtime version of the plugin.

Spriter 2 is a free update, partly because of its repeated delays. Unfortunately, we can't control Scirra's pricing structure, and we've been careful not to promise any timelines aside from the Spriter 2 beta, for the specific reason that we don't want people depending on a specific timeframe until we're sure we can deliver.

I don't think it will be a year away before there's a C3 runtime, but I also can't give a definite timeline now either, since there are too many variables.

• Thanks for information lucid , it's now much more clear what to expect or not and when to expect it.

I guess as chadorireborn said we'll just have to do without SCML for the time being and implement it back when Spriter 2 will be released.

I wish you best of luck with Spriter 2 development and looking forward to hear more news about it.

• lucid When i export in spriter under "generate spritesheet for project images" multiple spritesheets..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AnP1EZXrFyIYt_L4_qkapl8t8DgnECXv

.. can i import multiple spritesheets in construct 3 ? When yes, how it works?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • macube - unfortunately, no. That doesn't work in the current version of the plugin, and I'm not sure if or when that might be added.

• download here

Release 11-8-2018

• Sound import fully working
  • download here

Release 11-8-2018

• Sound import fully working

Thanks a lot!

• download here

Release 11-27-2018

• Fixed action to choose whether sprite layers were set by the plugin
    • Fixed edge cases with triggers and sounds
    • Added pin object actions
  • Thanks Lucid! Your work is always appreciated. Unfortunately since installing the addon and restarting Construct 3 I am getting the following screen:

Any advice? I seem to be completely blocked from getting back in even to uninstall the addon!!

• Morganov oh! Is that with the latest beta of C3? I think I jumped the gun and it requires features from the beta. If you can check that it works there for you as well, I'd appreciate it.

To remove the plugin, you can use the addon manager in safe mode:

To use Safe Mode, add ?safe-mode to the URL, e.g. editor.construct.net/?safe-mode. Note all third-party addons are disabled in this mode. You should immediately open the Addon Manager, uninstall the problematic addon, and then restart Construct 3. Be sure to remove the ?safe-mode part of the URL to re-enable loading third-party addons.

It is not recommended to open any projects or try to do any actual work in safe mode: it exists only so you can reach the Addon Manager dialog to uninstall the addon.

• Just tried with latest beta and same thing unfortunately. Thanks for the tip on the safe mode (I was deleting my browser cache before to fix it!)

For now I'm using the old c3addon you created way back at the start of this thread. Seems to still work for me. Although I could really do with some of the upgrades you've added since!

Also any word on the spriter2 beta release??? Eager to get stuck in!

• Morganov - ok. This one should work. I have no idea how it worked when I tested it.

As for Spriter 2 - still on track for a late, late 2018 alpha release.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)