Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Chadori - Hello. Thanks for all your contributions. I made the repository public.

Could you push those latest changes to the official branch, and I'll merge them. I haven't pushed this latest build to the repository. I'll wait until you're done with that so there are no conflicts.

everyone

5-11-2021

• Fixed a bug where attempting to reimport a Spriter project with any spaces in an object name would cause the plugin to duplicate the object instead of replacing it
  • Hello. After switching to another layout, if the spriter object was already on the screen, sampling changes.

https://i.ibb.co/KyTQVk4/2021-05-13-23-46-14.png[/img]

• Hi guys, great to see Spriter getting such regular updates and support here on Construct 3. I'm a long time user of Spriter but I'm a bit out of the loop.

Can someone update me - is it possible to do 2D deformation with the Construct 3 plugin yet?

Where you could make say a static sprite bend, like a blade of grass?

Thanks

• Hi guys, great to see Spriter getting such regular updates and support here on Construct 3. I'm a long time user of Spriter but I'm a bit out of the loop.

Can someone update me - is it possible to do 2D deformation with the Construct 3 plugin yet?

Where you could make say a static sprite bend, like a blade of grass?

Thanks

Mesh deforming support won't come until Spriter 2 and a Sprtier 2 plug in. for grass specifically there are shader effects you can get and apply directly to standard sprites in C3 to make a nice grass blowing in the breeze or reacting to a player's feet type effect.

• Much appreciated Mike. Thanks!

• Much appreciated Mike. Thanks!

You're very welcome.

• Hi Mike at BrashMonkey & lucid,

Is it possible to use "override bones with IK" when the Spriter object is mirrored in C3 ? I think the IK somehow still use the non-mirrored version as the bones become inverted

• Hi lucid, sorry for the late response. I have now pushed to commit the changes. Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Mike at BrashMonkey & lucid,

Is it possible to use "override bones with IK" when the Spriter object is mirrored in C3 ? I think the IK somehow still use the non-mirrored version as the bones become inverted

To verify the mirroring is causing the issue you could create a pre-flipped version of the animation in Spriter, re-import it onto C3, and see if the IK on that pre-flipped animation is working as expected.

• > Hi Mike at BrashMonkey & lucid,

>

> Is it possible to use "override bones with IK" when the Spriter object is mirrored in C3 ? I think the IK somehow still use the non-mirrored version as the bones become inverted

To verify the mirroring is causing the issue you could create a pre-flipped version of the animation in Spriter, re-import it onto C3, and see if the IK on that pre-flipped animation is working as expected.

Yes it's working if I duplicate and mirror the animation in Spriter, but I can't make it work with the mirroring system i'm using.. (if the character is mirrored, I need to stop the mirroring only when this already-mirrored animation is played and it's hard to get it right... plus I'd like to keep using blending which I can't (as it will blend through the mirroring giving a weird flipping effect) unless I duplicate all my animations and make a mirrored version for each..but that's not ideal)

• Hi lucid, is it by design that the Spriter addon only recognizes one key of an event trigger?

For example, if I have an event trigger called BulletShoot with multiple keys, it will only fire the first key. From Construct 3, only the first key will fire an On Event.

I've worked around it by making multiple event triggers instead, with only one key each, e.g. (BulletShoot, BulletShoot1, BulletShoot2, ...).

For reference

Thanks.

• Hello everyone. I'm currently preparing to move to a new city, so I'll be pretty busy and scarce for the next couple of weeks.

7-7-2021

• Added support for multiple spritesheets (make sure all sprite sheet json files are in zip)

Chadori it's definitely not supposed to work like that. I just tried it out, and it's behaving as expected and firing one time for each key. If you want to send me an example of a non-working project I can look into it.

• @lucid

A feature request, if feasible: with the Vanishing Point feature introduced to C3, allowing for skewing the camera viewing angle, every Sprite or "flat" object (like Spriter) is locked to being aligned to the Z-axis, while sometimes, you'd like to align it to the view axis instead (hope I'm making sense).

Would it be possible to either:

-add Mesh Distortion to Spriter, so one can make a "vertical sprite" by moving vertices

or:

-allow the 3d Object to pick the texture from Spriter - this may need official support, right?

Sigh, I really miss a general-purpose texture sharing plugin like TextureSetter from Construct Classic.

Again, thank you for the great work on the plugin.

• Hello everyone. I'm currently preparing to move to a new city, so I'll be pretty busy and scarce for the next couple of weeks.

7-7-2021

• Added support for multiple spritesheets (make sure all sprite sheet json files are in zip)

Chadori it's definitely not supposed to work like that. I just tried it out, and it's behaving as expected and firing one time for each key. If you want to send me an example of a non-working project I can look into it.

Hi lucid,

Thank you for confirming, I think I can manage from here on. At least I now know it's working for the others, my Spriter projects are quite old, they might have been corrupted down the line. I think I can find the issue if I can compare that it's supposed to be working.

Thank you, and also for the cool update!

7-7-2021

What does this mean, does spriter PRO support exporting images to multiple spritesheets?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)