Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • ok

you can give name third option to "do nothing"

• lucid

i have created animation in spriter and imported to c3.

Now all those images used in spriter I also have another use of all those images in c3 on same project for different purpose. Do i need to import them separately in c3 or is there any way so i can use spriter's images in c3 for different purpose.

Note: for another use of those images i don't want those images to be positioned as in spriter. each of them will be positioned manually.

is there any way of doing this? total 100+ images

• Hi lucid,

Thanks for the update! Sadly, the objects with an effect are now visible, but reduced to little squares.

Once again, removing the effect from the (SCML) family solves the issue.

• lucid

i have created animation in spriter and imported to c3.

Now all those images used in spriter I also have another use of all those images in c3 on same project for different purpose. Do i need to import them separately in c3 or is there any way so i can use spriter's images in c3 for different purpose.

Note: for another use of those images i don't want those images to be positioned as in spriter. each of them will be positioned manually.

is there any way of doing this? total 100+ images

The only way to do that would be to remove all the images from the container and destroy the scml object. The scml object should still function normally as far as I can tell, but you lose all the convenience of the container.

Hi lucid,

Thanks for the update! Sadly, the objects with an effect are now visible, but reduced to little squares.

Once again, removing the effect from the (SCML) family solves the issue.

I think you may have forgotten a step within Spriter. You have to let Spriter precalculate the bounding boxes for each animation for Construct. Luckily, it's pretty simple:

If that isn't your issue, please send me a minimal project that reproduces the issue.

• Oh, indeed! Thanks for the info and tutorial.

I wasn't aware of that and now it's working fine! :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi lucid, unless I'm missing something, it seems like there is a problem with character maps in the newest version of the plug-in.

Most of the times (repro around 6/10), character maps are not applied to one of my characters.

I tried deleting the effect on my character, but it didn't help.

I'm using Construct 3 r172

This happens even still I always apply the character map upon creating the character + after a significant delay (up to 2.6 seconds after creating it).

I THINK the more time I left before re-applying the character maps, the more chances I have to have it displayed correctly.

Any info about this? Any advice on how many time should I leave between creating the character and applying the character maps?

I guess as everything was alright in the previous plugin I was using (from February 2019) this is probably a bug.

Thanks for your help!

• hi lucid

a new bug found. if we place more than one spriter animation in c3 and then try to restart layout then it pause the layout

steps to reproduce

1. import spriter animation in C3
    2. make 2 copies in layout
    3. add bullet behavior.
    4. add mouse plugin
    5. On any mouse click > restart layout

another bug is Pause Animation on start of the Layout doesn't seems to work.

• Hi lucid, it seems there might be a regression from the last few updates you've made. The bug that you've fixed before, the opacity from the Spriter Pro editor doesn't draw in the Construct 3 runtime. Using the draw self mode.

Let me know if you need more details. Thanks.

• Hey lucid and everyone - man, Spriter is really so cool and I've enjoyed using it for a long time now. I've been working my way back into game design this year and trying to jump back into a project I had to put on hold a few years ago. The project worked pretty well in C2, and I transitioned a lot of my major sprites to Spriter with some great results. I spent some time today prepping and getting everything ready to port over to Construct 3, and ran into a few issues when I realized that the problem was the runtime! So I got rid of some deprecated objects and turned on the C3 runtime. I'm getting some pretty weird results. Hoping someone can help me out!

The main issue is that for whatever reason, certain parts of my animations are rendering with some weird anti-aliasing/blurring. I'm not sure if there's a sampling setting that I'm missing or what. I'll post some side by side comparisons for C2 and C3.

(C2 on the left, C3 on the right).

What's weird is that, in certain layouts, everything looks totally normal! See below -

Here's a boss battle from later on in the game that was pretty epic thanks to Spriter (seriously, it's so rad - even without the final graphics) and for some reason in C3 even though the character renders correctly in this particular room, the boss is completely garbled.

I would appreciate any help I can get... I want to finish this bad boy, but I don't know if I can until I figure out what all is going on here. Thanks!

• Sorry to double post - here is a blank project with just those particular spriter objects dropped in, using the default retro settings and the pixel perfect checkbox checked., just to make sure it wasn't me or my ported project. Maybe it's a problem with the C3 runtime nearest neighbor? Some parts of my sheet aren't even rotated or scaled or anything, and it looks like (in my opinion as a graphic designer) it's trying to resize to like 99% or something.

• Sorry everyone, I'm tied up preparing for a Spriter 2 update announcement, but I'll get back to any outstanding construct issues as soon as that's done.

If anyone is curious, btw, and hasn't seen our latest posts on social media:

We're wrapping up the framework that will not only allow for powerful expansions to the core version of Spriter 2, but over the coming weeks, we'll be showing off some gifs for a future add-on to Spriter 2 also made possible by these investments.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Sorry everyone, I'm tied up preparing for a Spriter 2 update announcement, but I'll get back to any outstanding construct issues as soon as that's done.

If anyone is curious, btw, and hasn't seen our latest posts on social media:

> We're wrapping up the framework that will not only allow for powerful expansions to the core version of Spriter 2, but over the coming weeks, we'll be showing off some gifs for a future add-on to Spriter 2 also made possible by these investments.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

That looks awesome! Hey I also appreciate the prompt reply and the update. Looking forward to feedback on the matter - if anyone else has any insight please feel free to weigh in!

• Are you using the draw-self mode? That might explain the issue. If you'd like you can send the simple example file to me and I'll see if I can figure anything out while Edgar is busy.

Sorry to double post - here is a blank project with just those particular spriter objects dropped in, using the default retro settings and the pixel perfect checkbox checked., just to make sure it wasn't me or my ported project. Maybe it's a problem with the C3 runtime nearest neighbor? Some parts of my sheet aren't even rotated or scaled or anything, and it looks like (in my opinion as a graphic designer) it's trying to resize to like 99% or something.

• I am actually, I hadn't thought that would be the culprit! I'll try it and take a look.

Are you using the draw-self mode? That might explain the issue. If you'd like you can send the simple example file to me and I'll see if I can figure anything out while Edgar is busy.

> Sorry to double post - here is a blank project with just those particular spriter objects dropped in, using the default retro settings and the pixel perfect checkbox checked., just to make sure it wasn't me or my ported project. Maybe it's a problem with the C3 runtime nearest neighbor? Some parts of my sheet aren't even rotated or scaled or anything, and it looks like (in my opinion as a graphic designer) it's trying to resize to like 99% or something.

>

>

• A Mike... you have restored my project to it's full 8bit glory! Thank you!!!!

Are you using the draw-self mode? That might explain the issue. If you'd like you can send the simple example file to me and I'll see if I can figure anything out while Edgar is busy.

> Sorry to double post - here is a blank project with just those particular spriter objects dropped in, using the default retro settings and the pixel perfect checkbox checked., just to make sure it wasn't me or my ported project. Maybe it's a problem with the C3 runtime nearest neighbor? Some parts of my sheet aren't even rotated or scaled or anything, and it looks like (in my opinion as a graphic designer) it's trying to resize to like 99% or something.

>

>

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)