Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid

Didn't expect it so fast! Thank you a lot!

• Hi lucid,

Just wanted to tell you that in the newest plugin some of my SCML objects aren't displayed anymore.

I went back to the old plugin from 2 or 3 months ago and it works fine with the old one.

Tested on r152 and r159, the result is the same.

Thanks for your help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please send me or link me to a c3proj with non-displaying objects. Here or at lucidfvh@brashmonkey.com

• lucid Hi, I heard that you are using Unity to make Spriter 2.

Are you going to fully support Construct 3 with Spriter 2?

• Please send me or link me to a c3proj with non-displaying objects. Here or at lucidfvh@brashmonkey.com

Thanks for the reply.

I'm first trying to reproduce the problem in a new project but unsuccessfully up to now. The problem only arises in my large project, which can hardly be shared at the moment. Even using the same .scon file will not cause the bug in a new project.

• lucid

Nailed it. Add any effect on an SCML object in the new plug-in and it disappears. Tested with burn, tint and color. Thanks in advance for your help. ;)

• lucid

Nailed it. Add any effect on an SCML object in the new plug-in and it disappears. Tested with burn, tint and color. Thanks in advance for your help. ;)

Excellent. Thank you. Gimme a couple of days to look into this, please.

• Sure! I would appreciate a fix before Gamescom, but take your time. :)

Thanks a lot for the support!

• bilgekaan

lucid Hi, I heard that you are using Unity to make Spriter 2.

Are you going to fully support Construct 3 with Spriter 2?

Yes. We're going to be releasing a lot more information on everything in the near future, but the way Spriter 2 is architected, once the initial C3 plugin is done, it should be much easier to keep things up to date with new features.

• Hi! lucid

I found few issues with plugin

1) there is no "set size" action in event and there is only "set object scale ratio".

I applied tween behavior to scml file and want to tween size. but this doesn't change size of my animation object. I know i can do this with by using tween value. but i think there should be "set size" action in events.

2) in the events there are two "Set Opacity" and two "Set Visible". Why? i think one is Construct 3's and another is your plugin's

3) "Pin C2 Object to Spriter Object" & "Set C2 Object to Spriter Object" not working.

4) there is no way to compare "Character Map".

Thanks

• Spriter 2 Roadmap and news!

Rable luckyrawatlucky - sorry for the delay, will look into these soon.

• Rable

Sure! I would appreciate a fix before Gamescom, but take your time. :)

Thanks a lot for the support!

Hello Rable. I apologize. This is turning out to be a bit more involved than I expected, so these are my recommended workarounds until I can sort out the issue:

• Have a full layer with the effect applied to it, and move the scml object to that layer, as needed.
    • Use non-self-draw mode, and apply the effect to the entire family of sprites.

luckyrawatlucky

Hi! lucid

I found few issues with plugin

1) there is no "set size" action in event and there is only "set object scale ratio".

I applied tween behavior to scml file and want to tween size. but this doesn't change size of my animation object. I know i can do this with by using tween value. but i think there should be "set size" action in events.

2) in the events there are two "Set Opacity" and two "Set Visible". Why? i think one is Construct 3's and another is your plugin's

3) "Pin C2 Object to Spriter Object" & "Set C2 Object to Spriter Object" not working.

4) there is no way to compare "Character Map".

Thanks

1. We never added Set Size with separate dimensions for x and y, because it wouldn't work properly on non-self draw-mode separate sprites (they would be individually scaled relative to their angle), and the intention was to be able to switch the project back and forth. I might be able to add something like that specifically for self-draw mode in the future, but I'm tied up for the time being.

2. You're correct. I'll put out a new version in the near future that deprecates the duplicate ones (This won't break old projects using it. The extra ones just won't show up in new projects)

3. I'll look into this as soon as I can.

4. You can have multiple Character Maps applied at a time, in different orders, so you would have to be checking if a specific character map is included in what's currently applied. For now, the plugin doesn't keep track of every character map applied (to save a tiny bit of memory). In the future, I can probably add a way to check if specific character maps are applied, and remove or insert individual character maps, but similar to (1) it's a bit too involved to get started on at the moment.

• Hi lucid,

No need to apologize at all! I'll do with the workarounds you suggested or simply remove the effects for the Gamescom build.

Thanks for your help!

• 9-16-2019

• Fixed a playback bug with quintic easing curves
  • hi lucid

have you looked into this ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)