Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid sent the email, thanks so much

• Another update:

5-29-2019/2 (addon uploads not working at the moment, so please use this link)

• Fixed a bug that would crash the game when attempting to use the Pin to Object actions
  • Zegelken No, all the features that work on the free version of Spriter also work here.

• Another update:

5-29-2019/2 (addon uploads not working at the moment, so please use this link)

• Fixed a bug that would crash the game when attempting to use the Pin to Object actions

Game is running good now, but the pin to object and set to object functions from the scml object arent working now =/

• MonkeyBalls

> Another update:

> 5-29-2019/2 (addon uploads not working at the moment, so please use this link)

>

>
    • >

Game is running good now, but the pin to object and set to object functions from the scml object arent working now =/

Ok another new version guys. Last one for today:

5-29-2019_3

• Fixed bug where pinning an object had no effect
  • lucid you're the man, thanks so much

i'llr try this out, good resting =]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is the mesh already working?

• Thanks for all the updates. Much appreciated !

For the information, I updated the plugin. I previously used the February 21th C3 plug-in, and some of SCML objects don't appear anymore. I didn't change anything in the project, didn't reimport from Spriter or did anything special.

Here is a capture of the SCML object info:

I tested on the web-based C3 and on the desktop build, and both aren't working.

I reverted to the previous plugin I was using and everything is working fine again.

Any idea of what could be the problem?

[EDIT] as explained below, the problem seem to come from SCML families. Removing the object from the family make it appear normally.

• ThereBits - no, those features have moved over to Spriter 2, for the sake of doing them justice. Spriter 2 is in alpha testing/development at the moment.

Rable That's pretty odd. No idea why that might be happening. If you don't mind, please send your project to lucid@brashmonkey.com, and I'll take a look.

• Hi lucid, thanks for the reply.

Before sending the project, I'll triple check my code, as the problem explained above is dependant on a family regrouping SCML object. Only the SCML objects in the family weren't diplayed. Others are working well.

I just removed the objects from the family and they appeared normally.

As the code of the project didn't change, I guess there should be some problem with how SCML families are managed.

Further bug reports: the two bugs I hope would be fixed don't seem to be fixed.

1) When I place a scml object on a layout, by default it is scaled to about 1000%. I have to add an action asking to make its scale to 1.

2) If I have an SCML object on a layout, and on start of layoutI delete it, then create another instance of it later, the instance is actually created (visible in the debug mode) but will never be visible, even though its visible property in the debugger is True.

[EDIT] Note that if I wait 0.1 second before deleting it, it will be created normally afterwards. But if I wait only 0, it will not be.

Those two bugs are present on the february version of the plug-in as well as on the newest plugin you updated a few hours ago.

Or maybe these aren't bugs and I'm doing something wrong ?

Thanks ! :)

• To make the "on start of layout" bug clearer, here is a code I created on a separate layout inside my main project.

Both the mainChar and the enemy object are placed on the layout.

If I run the layout with this code, mainChar will appear for 0.1 second then be destroyed. 2 seconds later it will reappear. enemy will never appear, even though it exists in the debugger and is visible.

Now if I invert action 3 and action 5, the enemy object will appear for 0.1 seconds, then be destroyed and appear 2 second later. The mainChar object will never appear even though it exists in the debugger and visibility is set to True.

I hope it helps!

• Rable - Thanks for the info. I might not be able to get a look at this today, but I should be able to tomorrow.

• ThereBits - no, those features have moved over to Spriter 2, for the sake of doing them justice. Spriter 2 is in alpha testing/development at the moment.

Rable That's pretty odd. No idea why that might be happening. If you don't mind, please send your project to lucid@brashmonkey.com, and I'll take a look.

Thanks for the quick response.

I wanted to ask you one more question, who has bought the first version of the spriter will have some discount for the spriter 2? I bought mine by steam.

• ThereBits - you get Spriter 2 as a free upgrade.

• Rable

6-1-2019

• Fixed a bug where destroying the first instance of an scml object in the same tick as its creation would make it so newly created instances would attempt to load from a missing cached copy (no animation data would load and the object would remain invisible)
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)