ProUI - Collection of Addons for UI

6 favourites
From the Asset Store
Old school pixels for your UI! Over 800 assets for all you needs!
  • mOOnpunk

Yes, I added the features you requested. Reach me on Discord so I can send you the updated version.

• Aekiro Thats great thanks!

Will you be updating the itch.io page? Its not urgent so i can wait for that.

• I'm sure this works, but just checking. On your scrollbars demo, you use a single large sprite which you scroll around using the UI. Would it work if there were many sprites in a list? In other words, can I create a large list of sprites/text, stacked on top of each other and have it scroll through them, kinda like a normal scrolling listbox?

Also is there a demo of the gridview item? In fact, is there a demo of the whole thing that I can try before buying?

• mOOnpunk ok, it's available on itch.

farflamex

Would it work if there were many sprites in a list? In other words, can I create a large list of sprites/text, stacked on top of each other and have it scroll through them, kinda like a normal scrolling listbox?

Yes, the scrollview can scroll a group of objects.

The group of object can be for example a map with additional sprites on top of it.

Or a list of items that are generated by the gridview addon like in the gridview demo.

Basically anything, as long you group the objects using the "gameobject" addon.

In fact, is there a demo of the whole thing that I can try before buying?

If by demo, you mean a C3 project file, I'm afraid I can't provide that.

However you can check a tutorial here on how a scrollview or a scrolling list items is made here:

youtube.com/channel/UCiHH7t-W5WmgqEbhFLCzSgw

Hopefully the addons can help you with your use case.

• Aekiro, I'd like to thank you for these plugins. They are such a time-saver for tasks that have otherwise given me a headache in the past.

I just used them to replace all of my UIs and menu settings on a current project and WOW, the clutter in my events were practically eliminated. It went from over 50 events, down to 8. Nice!

To anyone still on the fence about this product, I'd say quit thinking about it and just buy it. Yes, you could create them yourself with events, but do you really want the hours and frustrations that go along with it?!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Lancifer You're very welcome ❤️, I'm happy that the addons were helpful to you.

• Aekiro Potential customer question.

Can I have information what's to translations? I have designed my *xml in the past to work as best for translators as possible, but I don't know how your plugin handles this and demo doesn't reveal that much. Do plugins just replace text or is there some room to change font, sizes & etc.? And if not are there plans to implement such support? Thank you for attention!

• XpMonster

The translation addon uses json.

Currently it only changes the text.

You can watch the setup in the video tutorial.

The features you suggested are interesting but I don't have plans to implement them any time soon.

• Aekiro Another more serious problem I found is that translations are stored in one document. Optimization-wise there is little need to have 2-3 languages with 2000+ lines of text in each loaded in your memory if you only use English at the time. Besides having all stored in one place not really comfortable for translators. Surely not a big deal if project is small and doesn't plan to give away its documents for others to translate.

In my function I replace current xml based on picked translation and then update all current text.

I guess will just use my approach to translations with ProUI doing everything else.

Thank you for the reply :)

• Aekiro Here is example of that *XML should it help you in future developments.

English

Russian

• XpMonster thanks for the feedback.

I agree with your approach regarding loading translation files. It's something that I need to support in the future.

• Hi Aekiro,

I've just realised that the Scroll View will only accept images as content, not text. Is there any chance you could add this functionality as I plan to have a number of pop-ups that show instructions or dialogue and I'd like the user to be able to scroll the text in the pop-up.

Great plug-in by the way - very useful so far :¬)

Thanks,

Steve.

• srenshaw

What you can do is put the text on a content container like this :https://gofile.io/d/gbCrsH

• srenshaw can confirm - i also have the text working now in a scrollview. works really well.

• Brilliant, thanks Aekiro.

For anyone else reading this, I was also able to show the scrolling text in a pop-up Dialog box by adding the ProUI Game Object behaviours to the various elements, then setting the relevant Parent/Child names.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)