New Chrome behavior with 147.2 beta???

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Ok, this is really strange. I normally run C3 from a desktop icon. Today, I got the usual request to update, which I did, which it never does.

However, when I did update, it went to editor.construct.net/r1472/ and something strange happened. A new bar appeared above the editor (see the 'after' picture). Initially, I ignored it. That is, until I ran my project, requested full screen and... the bar stayed there. Whut? No, it didn't disappear. It was both on the C3 editor and my running project. Now that's new.

Ok, so I ran C3 from editor.construct.net instead of the desktop. And again, it asked me if I wanted to update, again I selected yes and again, it didn't.

However, in this instance, that bar reverted back to what I'm familiar with (see 'before') which promptly vanished when I requested full screen.

WTF is this new bar and what's it doing on my project?????

Oh wow, and here's an amusing one. If I click on the x on that 'after' when in the editor it promptly closes the C3 editor. And then, restarts it. When it restarts it's in 146, no bar. I get the request to update to 147.2 and when it does, that 'after' bar appears.

• It looks like you added Construct to the desktop with a pre-release version of Chrome that uses a different UI. That would also explain why if you opened Chrome stable and tried again it wasn't there.

• It looks like you added Construct to the desktop with a pre-release version of Chrome that uses a different UI. That would also explain why if you opened Chrome stable and tried again it wasn't there.

Google Chrome is up to date

Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

As far as I know I'm not signed up for any Chrome betas and if so, god forbid that one goes live. That bar would be most annoying.

So, I went to editor.construct.net, updated and told it to install the app. I now have 2 icons on the desktop, 146 and 147.2. If I run 146 and update, I get the wonky bar. If I run 142.7, I don't get the wonky bar.

I dunno, just caught me off guard thinking this was how life was going to be from now on. Most unpleasant.

Oh, and I've been loading up Construct pretty much daily since 146. This is the first beta that did that.

• Nope, that didn't fix it.

Now, when I start 147.2 from the desktop the C3 editor does not have the bar. When I run my project, it does have the bar.

If I run C3 from: editor.construct.net/r1472

I get the old bar both on the editor and the project.

• Ok, done some testing and that bar has to do specifically with the C3 app. If I install the app (I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 142.2, 146, 147, 147.2), create a new project and run it, the project gets that bar. If I go to editor.construct.net, update to 147.2, create a project and run it, I get the old bar.

Can anyone else duplicate that or is it just me?

Annnddd...

chromereleases.googleblog.com/2019/04/stable-channel-update-for-desktop_30.html

This is the latest stable release of Google which came out a few days ago and I'm guessing, got updated on this machine overnite. The other machine I work on, I was using it this morning with the C3 app and didn't have this issue on it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just tried it and it does look like a bug, so I filed it.

• I just tried it and it does look like a bug, so I filed it.

Good, so I'm not losing my mind. Thanks Ashley. I was looking for related bugs in chromium but saw nothing. You explained it a lot better than I could have.

• Okay and I see now that I shouldn't expect this fixed any time soon. I just read over the related bug report and another bug related to it. Depressing. 2+ years and those bugs still exist? So, this whole open source thing where volunteers fix what they wanna fix, who actually came up with this business model? I know I've got some ammunition lying around here somewhere.

• Ashley I've been following the bug report. I just noticed. If I run C3 from the desktop icon and I don't update to the latest beta, C3 does not get the bar. However, if I create a new project with just a button and a browser and request full screen when the button is clicked, the project preview gets the new bar in both full screen and non-full screen.

If I do update to the latest beta, then C3 gets the new bar.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)