iPhone X display problems

0 favourites
  • twg

I tried my current beta and it worked just fine out of the box.

I just added a 2048x2048 LaunchStoryboard!

The only problem I have is that the default C3 launch screen is shown but I have set the project to Not using any launch screen at all (Because I want to use a static loading screen with xcode.) Don't know why it uses one when compiled. It doesnt show any c3 launch screen when testing on browser, only after compiled with xcode. Maybe Ashley can help me with it?

• twg

I tried my current beta and it worked just fine out of the box.

I just added a 2048x2048 LaunchStoryboard!

The only problem I have is that the default C3 launch screen is shown but I have set the project to Not using any launch screen at all (Because I want to use a static loading screen with xcode.) Don't know why it uses one when compiled. It doesnt show any c3 launch screen when testing on browser, only after compiled with xcode. Maybe Ashley can help me with it?

I just tried my same blank project with a 2048x2048 storyboard and the game was still shifted off the left of the screen. I am using an old build but I just tried adding a storyboard with those dimensions, was this a new build using the C3 build service?

• > twg

>

> I tried my current beta and it worked just fine out of the box.

>

>

>

> I just added a 2048x2048 LaunchStoryboard!

>

> The only problem I have is that the default C3 launch screen is shown but I have set the project to Not using any launch screen at all (Because I want to use a static loading screen with xcode.) Don't know why it uses one when compiled. It doesnt show any c3 launch screen when testing on browser, only after compiled with xcode. Maybe Ashley can help me with it?

>

I just tried my same blank project with a 2048x2048 storyboard and the game was still shifted off the left of the screen. I am using an old build but I just tried adding a storyboard with those dimensions, was this a new build using the C3 build service?

I am just using the current version of C3. Exported a xcode

project and that was the result^^ Dont know what makes the difference. Strange

• [quote:12dqe51e]I am just using the current version of C3. Exported a xcode

Are you creating a new storyboard or using the existing CDVLaunchScreen.storyboard ?

• [quote:1yd6r90r]I am just using the current version of C3. Exported a xcode

Are you creating a new storyboard or using the existing CDVLaunchScreen.storyboard ?

I'm using the existing one. I added the 2048x2048 screen to the 1x, 2x & 3x (Any height/width) fields.

After that I do these 2 steps.

• Isn't this due to not having "unbounded scrolling" checked in C2/C3? If I remember correctly that fixed the issue for me. If you scale outer and you do not have unbounded checked it will put everything to the left of the screen.

• Isn't this due to not having "unbounded scrolling" checked in C2/C3? If I remember correctly that fixed the issue for me. If you scale outer and you do not have unbounded checked it will put everything to the left of the screen.

Could be possible. I use unbounded scrolling (as stated earlier in this thread) and for me it works. So it is possible but twg has to try this out.

The unbounded scrolling is not the problem, all my C2/C3 mobile games use scale outer and do not have unbounded scrolling checked and display fine on all phones except iPhone X.

• Ok, weird. I tried now and I get the same effect you talk about when I don't check unbound scrolling. Everything is moved to the left on the iPhoneX but as soon as I check unbound scrolling it covers the whole screen and is perfectly centered on all my phones including the iPhoneX.

So for me that solves the issue.

The iPhone X has another aspect ratio than other iPhones so that is why it looks fine on most iPhones except iPhoneX if you don't check unbound scrolling.

• Kraudi I have my storyboards set up exactly the same as yours, still getting the screen off to the left.

Anonnymitet I tried checking Unbounded scrolling and it still gives me the screen off to the left.

This is so weird, on the C3 Github they were saying the issue has to do with the build server using an older version of cordova-ios, but I think it has to be something else cause you guys are getting it to display correctly.

My projects are all

• 1280x720

• Viewport-fit:Cover

I have tried both Scale Outer and Scale Inner, Unbounded Scrolling on or off does nothing, I have tried both LaunchImages and Storyboards and I have tried both existing projects and blank C3 projects and nothing works, I have no idea how it is displaying correctly for you guys.

• Kraudi I have my storyboards set up exactly the same as yours, still getting the screen off to the left.

Anonnymitet I tried checking Unbounded scrolling and it still gives me the screen off to the left.

This is so weird, on the C3 Github they were saying the issue has to do with the build server using an older version of cordova-ios, but I think it has to be something else cause you guys are getting it to display correctly.

My projects are all

• 1280x720

• Viewport-fit:Cover

I have tried both Scale Outer and Scale Inner, Unbounded Scrolling on or off does nothing, I have tried both LaunchImages and Storyboards and I have tried both existing projects and blank C3 projects and nothing works, I have no idea how it is displaying correctly for you guys.

Yeah I also now don't think this has anything to do with their build server. I will try to upload my project file (empty) so you can try if that will work for you.

Edit: Here it is. This one is from my other game which is already in the AppStore. It is 1080,1920 (Portrait).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wva1ou6zhu0a7 ... t.c3p?dl=0

Can you try it out with portrait at first? Jsut to make sure we compiled exactly the same.

If it still do not work can you send me yoru project file? I can try it otu on xCode myself just to verify it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Kraudi I still get the same result with your project in portrait or landscape. I really have no idea what is going on, the screen is always shifted off the left of the screen even with blank projects.

I've tried with existing projects and this blank project

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1aiacjjtsgq5f ... t.c3p?dl=0

Unbounded scrolling on/off makes no difference

Scale inner or outer makes no difference

Launches images vs storyboard makes no difference

I'm not sure what else to try.

• Anyone else testing their games on iPhone X?

• Anonnymitet

Kraudi

just to make things clear... unbounded scrolling checked means: unbounded scrolling = YES or NO?

(Becouse i use 2 out of 5 layouts with unbounded scrolling = NO... can this be a problem?)

• I am currently facing the image shift to the left problem when in landscape, i ticked unbound scrolling for every layout and it doesnt help anything

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)