Some instances may appear blurry in fullscreen mode

• I'm trying to create user interface for mobile game using sprite object, however, there is problem with objects rendering.

When I enter the fullscreen mode most of the sprites are upscaled to their original size and look normal, but some of them are still very blurry. This happens both to SVG Picture and Sprite objects.

Creating new instance or moving alredy existing instance to other part of the layout may solve this problem.

Setting sampling to «Nearest» also makes objects appear not blurry, but makes them look pixelated instead.

Is sampling intended to work this way or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• It's often the intended result, such as if you set low-quality fullscreen mode. It's hard to tell why it might be happening unless you provide a sample project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's often the intended result, such as if you set low-quality fullscreen mode. It's hard to tell why it might be happening unless you provide a sample project.

I have tested a bunch of different project settings combinations and found out the reason why sprites may appear blurry.

Turns out it is not related with fullscreen quality because only objects with decimal position (x/y) value will be displayed incorrect in fullscreen. Enabling «Pixel Rounding» option or manually moving instances will remove the blur and make sprites display correctly, as you can see on the screenshot below:

• > It's often the intended result, such as if you set low-quality fullscreen mode. It's hard to tell why it might be happening unless you provide a sample project.

I have tested a bunch of different project settings combinations and found out the reason why sprites may appear blurry.

Turns out it is not related with fullscreen quality because only objects with decimal position (x/y) value will be displayed incorrect in fullscreen. Enabling «Pixel Rounding» option or manually moving instances will remove the blur and make sprites display correctly, as you can see on the screenshot below:

Sprite also will appear blurry if its origin point is a decimal value.

I think I'm going to create a new bug report for this issue.

• It's not a bug if you're using bilinear/trilinear sampling, which is the default. It means you can position objects in between pixels, which in many cases makes motion look smoother.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)