how it is going to work the Cloud Compilation??

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • how it does gonna work? a server will export the game for us? and if it does, all the game files will have to be uploaded to the cloud, then compiled and after that downloaded??? i mean, if my game DLIFO took 25 minutes to export each time for cordova, now i will have to use the speed of my internet to upload the project and download it again??? here in latin america the most normal speed is 5MB!!

so lets say we have a project that is around 120MB, C3 will have to upload it all to a cloud using my internet speed for upload that is around 2MB, that means around 15minutes waiting, then waiting who know how much for the project to compile and then after that i still have to wait more so its get downloaded with my same low internet speed???

how this was a good idea??

• how it does gonna work? a server will export the game for us? and if it does, all the game files will have to be uploaded to the cloud, then compiled and after that downloaded??? i mean, if my game DLIFO took 25 minutes to export each time for cordova, now i will have to use the speed of my internet to upload the project and download it again??? here in latin america the most normal speed is 5MB!!

so lets say we have a project that is around 120MB, C3 will have to upload it all to a cloud using my internet speed for upload that is around 2MB, that means around 15minutes waiting, then waiting who know how much for the project to compile and then after that i still have to wait more so its get downloaded with my same low internet speed???

how this was a good idea??

You could upload separated files such as sprites, sound files, data files, etc. Not to worry about this because they must contain less than 1 mb. The cloud can take care of this, doesn't matter how much GB you need. (Scirra assumes each user may use more than 500 mb per project).

Then, downloading a compiled project... we never know but I hope they use mega.nz style.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IJCT there is the local export too i think , so don't worry , and scirra is not going to limit it's feature to people how have low connection speed

• Since there will be an offline version, there must be an offline export option as well I think.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)