GooglePlay Plugin is entirely terrible.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hello.

I'm using GooglePlay Plugin in my HTML5 games.

There is a lot of problems in using the plugin.

1. Event loss: Sometimes correct event is not coming correctly. Such as Auto-sign in failed, On sign in, ...

So, users have to refresh their browser.

2. Score submit failed, only users who registered as the tester can submit the score. The others always failed.

I think the plugin needs a lot of improvements and this is emergency.

• its best to ask people in construct2 discord server as u will get help much faster. give it a try

• Everything works flawlessly for me.

Go through the forums or manuals. It's been discussed already.

• 2. If your APK is not released officially, it is normal it only works for testers as long as you are testing.

If you encounter a possible bug/issue using Construct 3 and/or one of its feature, consider filling a bug report that the dev team can check out : https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs

Be sure to follow the guidelines for the investigation to be as efficient as possible.

• 2. If your APK is not released officially, it is normal it only works for testers as long as you are testing.

If you encounter a possible bug/issue using Construct 3 and/or one of its feature, consider filling a bug report that the dev team can check out : github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs

Be sure to follow the guidelines for the investigation to be as efficient as possible.

Thank you for your reply.

First, I think I don't need to publish APK because my game is only for HTML5.

I'm testing my game on Safari after all history is cleared environment.

But sometimes, "On auto-sign in failed" is not coming. Maybe 30% percentage.

I think it is very short event sheet and many people can meet this issue.

It this issue is happening only for me??

• I’m having an issue with it also.

Occasionally it logs in and posts my high score to the leaderboard, but more often than not it gives me the ‘connecting to Google Play’ pop-up, then a spinning wheel and then nothing. Other times it connects fine. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern.

I’m also having a problem with the Google Play plugin clashing with the Ultimate Ads plugin (bought from the store) - I’ve raised this issue with Scirra on the bug forum and am waiting for them to look into it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > 2. If your APK is not released officially, it is normal it only works for testers as long as you are testing.

>

> If you encounter a possible bug/issue using Construct 3 and/or one of its feature, consider filling a bug report that the dev team can check out : https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs

>

> Be sure to follow the guidelines for the investigation to be as efficient as possible.

>

Thank you for your reply.

First, I think I don't need to publish APK because my game is only for HTML5.

I'm testing my game on Safari after all history is cleared environment.

But sometimes, "On auto-sign in failed" is not coming. Maybe 30% percentage.

I think it is very short event sheet and many people can meet this issue.

It this issue is happening only for me??

You are using a native android plugin when testing on safari/apple? This plugin is for apks..

• >

> > 2. If your APK is not released officially, it is normal it only works for testers as long as you are testing.

> >

> > If you encounter a possible bug/issue using Construct 3 and/or one of its feature, consider filling a bug report that the dev team can check out : github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs

> >

> > Be sure to follow the guidelines for the investigation to be as efficient as possible.

> >

>

> Thank you for your reply.

> First, I think I don't need to publish APK because my game is only for HTML5.

> I'm testing my game on Safari after all history is cleared environment.

> But sometimes, "On auto-sign in failed" is not coming. Maybe 30% percentage.

>

> I think it is very short event sheet and many people can meet this issue.

> It this issue is happening only for me??

>

You are using a native android plugin when testing on safari/apple? This plugin is for apks..

Really?????

I don't understand... I know Mobile Advert and Mobile IAP is for iOS and Android..

And also I know 'GameCenter' is only for iOS.

But, I cannot find any message that GooglePlay is for only Android...

Besides, In "GooglePlay" property window, there are 'Application ID(web)' and 'Application ID(android)'.

It means GooglePlay plugin should be working on Android and HTML5 both. Isn't it?

I guess the plugin will be working okay on Android. Maybe this issue will occur only on HTML5...

• Really?????

I don't understand... I know Mobile Advert and Mobile IAP is for iOS and Android..

And also I know 'GameCenter' is only for iOS.

But, I cannot find any message that GooglePlay is for only Android...

Google Play is for Android.

It works with Google's developer console, Google play store configuration and in the manual article only mentions Android.

And otherwise, you can check out this official documentation of the Google Play Service : https://developers.google.com/games/services/ios/quickstart

[quote:2coib486]Google Play games services for iOS is deprecated, and is not likely to function as expected. Do not use Google Play games services for iOS in new apps. See the deprecation announcement blog post for more details.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)