Game becomes almost unplayable on Facebook Messenger on opening a share window or showing ad

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Initially I thought this had to do something specifically with the ad showing logic but then realised that whenever an ad shows up and I close it as well as if I try to challenge player by sharing an invite then when I come back to the game the play speed of the game becomes faster than it was before. This keeps happening everytime I share the game with friends or open an ad window. After a few tries the game becomes so fast that it is totally unplayable.

I am using Construct 3 stable build and even tested it with r134 but still getting same issue. I even tried setting time scale to 1 on every tick but even then it does not solve this issue.

• You have already posted this issue/question.

• It sounds like this bug in the Instant Games platform.

• You have already posted this issue/question.

Yes, but the context wasn't clear to me so I reposted it. Deleting the previous question

• It sounds like this bug in the Instant Games platform.

Thanks Ashley, looking forward to see this get resolved. It's quite a serious issue since it's hampering the entire gameplay experience because of it

• Still no update from Facebook's side regarding this issue :(

• Is there a way around for this bug?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "even tried setting time scale to 1 on every tick but even then it does not solve this issue."

Try setting object time scale not global or restore object time scale. Maybe fixes!

• "even tried setting time scale to 1 on every tick but even then it does not solve this issue."

Try setting object time scale not global or restore object time scale. Maybe fixes!

Hey thanks for your response but it has nothing to do with the time scale per se. This issue happens only on Android device as something breaks when game refocuses after displaying an ad or any other window. Even if you press home button and come back to the game from task manager this issue still persists. Turns out that this is a bug from Facebook's side. Please refer to the link in Ashley's answer. It hasn't been resolved yet.

Regardless, thanks for your two cents on the problem

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)