Fps & Cpu Monitoring (Question Request)

• First Thing I'm already aware of the (Cpu/Fps) Results on (C2/C3) is just an estimate that uses Timers and staff not 100% accurate

I have been a long long time trying to find an App for Monitoring the Real Fps & Cpu while testing C2/C3 Games when exported into the Devices but I didn't have any luck wich I was surprised that there are none inexistent or at last, I didn't manage to find them.

But a few days ago I found this website https://www.gamebench.net/

which looks quite an awesome service. After I downloaded the necessary thing in a few minutes it was everything Running I was impressed how quick and in Auto mode everything Synqued

Working with C2/c3 one of my biggest problems is like I'm working a bit in the Dark when it comes to testing Performance as the results that you get displaying the (Fps & Cpu) in a Txt are quite generic and unrealistic so it's hard to know what set up works best Optimized unless its very obvious FPS drops and things like that.

As an Example I Run a test for one of my mechanics that I have Recreated it hundreds of times looking for the best set up that gives the best Performance but because the "Cpu" in C2/c3 always shows at 90% its hard to know which one is the best option between them as they all show the same Cpu Results and quite hight most of the Time, making it impossible to guess so as a results I just keep making the same mechanics one after the other just to see if it can be improved but the thing is if we had a more accurate (Cpu/FPS) Checker provably I would have found out that one of those hundreds of setups that I already did is the best one an, therefore, I will know that I have already the best possible set up then so you can move on to the Next Mechanics or next things saving Time & Energy and to have more Peace in Mind knowing exactly what you will expect when the App its release.

So went ahead and I Run a test for this mechanics and the results vary big from c2/c3 to this company Results.

C2/c3 shows 90% Cpu usage while I'm testing these mechanics

Gamebench Shows 4.18% Cpu usage while I'm testing the same mechanics

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4rnxcevi0hqnqn/Scirra%20Request.png?dl=0

which I was in shock how huge is the difference, I'm not even sure now if Gamebench is a realistic and accurate cos the results Varied a lot and I couldn't find any info about this Googling

So the Real Question here is Can you "Scirra Team" use the same Method that they use Gamebench to retrieve the Real (Cpu/Fps) info from the Devices as you Run everything in a website now? is this even possible?

When I say their Method I meant just the Part that they use to extract the Info for the Cpu/Fps only I'm not talking about the whole website setup and Dashboard and services. this could help us speed up the Development of C2/C3 Games as we will save Time in avoiding doing extra things & Tests unnecessaries

Anyone knows more about this company and can share more info or anyone knows a better App or service for (Fps & Cpu Monitoring) that can share will much appreciate

Thanks for Reading

• Window's task manager is probably a reasonable way to get real system-level measurements. However measurements are often difficult to interpret. I think the discrepancy on CPU usage is that generally an overall CPU measurement considers all cores, whereas Construct's CPU measurement is for a single thread. So if you max out a single core with intense events on an 8-core/16-thread system, Construct will measure 100%, but a system CPU measurement will probably return something like 6% indicating one of sixteen threads are busy.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Window's task manager is probably a reasonable way to get real system-level measurements. However measurements are often difficult to interpret.

Ho yeah I forgot about the (Window's task manager) is true I will check it out, the only problem is I wanna Debug the iPhone devices I'm not sure if that will work out but I will have a look to see if its possible.

I think the discrepancy on CPU usage is that generally an overall CPU measurement considers all cores, whereas Construct's CPU measurement is for a single thread. So if you max out a single core with intense events on an 8-core/16-thread system, Construct will measure 100%, but a system CPU measurement will probably return something like 6% indicating one of sixteen threads are busy.

I see that make sense Thanks for the explanation

I will keep looking and see if I can find a solution, are you Planing to update the (Cpu/Fps) debugger in the future?

Thanks for your Time

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)