Excess Bar on top after APK build.

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your own beautiful snowman in this fun game!
  • Hi all. I'm not sure if I missed something on the project properties, but everytime I build a debug APK and install it on my Samsung A8, i get this blue bar on top with the phone's status and etc, instead of going full screen. It's set to Viewport Fit as "auto" and Fullscreen mode as "Scale Outer." Aspect ratio is 9:16 and resolution is 720x1280.

Can't seem to get rid of it. If anybody has encountered this, any tips and help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Check the Hide Status Bar on Android Export.

• thanks for the fast reply, Chadori. will try it asap!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No problem, you're welcome.

Here's the screenshot, by the way.

• I do this (check this box), but then I get a hideous black bar on the bottom as well. Not sure why...it's really an eye-sore, and interferes with gameplay...

• STARTECH

Never faced that kind of problem yet, but I usually have my layout size slightly larger than the window size. Then I export using Scale Outer.

• STARTECHSTUDIOS

I do this (check this box), but then I get a hideous black bar on the bottom as well. Not sure why...it's really an eye-sore, and interferes with gameplay...

Yours is a device-specific problem with the webview. I believe you use Samsung J5 or any devices that use an outdated webview or have compatibility issues.

Unfortunately, there are less things that you can do about it. Back in Construct 2 since the majority of devices were the old ones now, we made lots of workaround, with CSS through either IntelXDK or Construct 2.

But nowadays, all you can do is blacklist the old devices and focus on modern devices.

• STARTECHSTUDIOS

> I do this (check this box), but then I get a hideous black bar on the bottom as well. Not sure why...it's really an eye-sore, and interferes with gameplay...

Yours is a device-specific problem with the webview. I believe you use Samsung J5 or any devices that use an outdated webview or have compatibility issues.

Unfortunately, there are less things that you can do about it. Back in Construct 2 since the majority of devices were the old ones now, we made lots of workaround, with CSS through either IntelXDK or Construct 2.

But nowadays, all you can do is blacklist the old devices and focus on modern devices.

It's not a J5, it's in the Galaxy Note series and it's running Android 6.0.1, which represents about 50% of android users last I checked. I keep the phone specifically for testing, so I can build quality apps for all users, not just a minority of users...

• that' status bar is currently having a problem as i experienced on my builds also, for me if i send the app to background and then focus on it again it makes the bar dissapear, but there is definitely some app that makes the status bar come back, not sure if is a android system problem/conflict, or a C3 compilation problem.

• Definitely a Scirra/Construct problem because literally NO OTHER APP I have ever downloaded have had this problem.

• It needs to be fixed because it interferes with gameplay and looks terrible....

It is not ok and it's happening to many people on multiple devices, it used to happen back in the day with Intel XDK builds even on the newer devices. It still does.....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)