Custom splashscreen for mobile games

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
A pack that contains fully customizeable soldier sprites for creating side scrolling shooter
  • According to this page: construct.net/en/tutorials/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens-9 making loader layouts is pointless when making mobile games. It suggests to create a custom splashscreen (like the Construct 3 splash) instead. How do I do that? Can I change the built in Construct 3 splash? I can't find it.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks!

• It suggests to create a custom splashscreen (like the Construct 3 splash) instead. How do I do that? Can I change the built in Construct 3 splash? I can't find it.

That can be changed,however what that article says is that on mobiles all custom splash screens have a chances of going to be shown as black screen depending on device.

So in order to avoid the black screen, u put progress bar and loading percentage or use logo and percentage which is a custom loading screen by itself... even though u can't modify that progress bar.

However u can leave that loading then create a new layout and make a 2nd loading screen with ur own bg image and other stuff u might want in it.

That 2nd layout that will load immediately after the logo screen, and before the game menu screen, would just be a theatrical layout, since every asset and all images/sounds are already preloaded/loaded.

Unless your code needs that 2nd layout to fetch resources from a server which the logo screen doesn't do.

Hope it helps you. In short the answer is not really. Since you will always have the C3 splash screen type of layout running every time even though faster than u can see it depending on ur game size,assets preloading etc.

Also that C3 splashscreen type of loading screen, only shows 1 time, if your game isn't updating its version, and is running same old version, being cached it will just jump to the 2nd layout u created.

• Thank you for a very good explanation :)

• You can modify the type of the "splash" (loading) screen in the project's properties if you own a proper plan for C3.

Moreover with C3 runtime you can have loading screens in between layouts of your game if you want.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can modify the type of the "splash" (loading) screen in the project's properties if you own a proper plan for C3.

Moreover with C3 runtime you can have loading screens in between layouts of your game if you want.

I do have a subscription and the choices for Loader style are: nothing, precentage text, progress bar only, progress bar & logo, Construct 3 splash.

Is there any inofrmation/guide on how to have loadingscreens between layouts?

• I think Ashley posted in the blogs about it when presenting the new runtime.

They are features to control memory management from events.

• > You can modify the type of the "splash" (loading) screen in the project's properties if you own a proper plan for C3.

>

> Moreover with C3 runtime you can have loading screens in between layouts of your game if you want.

I do have a subscription and the choices for Loader style are: nothing, precentage text, progress bar only, progress bar & logo, Construct 3 splash.

Is there any inofrmation/guide on how to have loadingscreens between layouts?

As Kyatric said you can customize that splash by just selecting logo(in assets folder in right side of project just change the loading_logo to ur logo, icons are for mobiles and 16x16 and 32x32 are favicons for websites.) and loading bar progress and should be doing the same thing as C3 splash u can also change the bg color and put a logo of whatever size u want, it can even be as big as the layout of the game. with that in mind, its not entirelly recommended different devices act different on loading the logo splash screen. personally i never had issues with it on my android platforms or iphones, but some raised issues.

However that won't solve the problem if u have assets loading from a server, u will need another 2nd layout(created by you as you would create a game layout) for those assets to be imported after the 1st loading screen.

as for how to have loading screen between layouts, you just make a layout that has a loading bar on it and says something like helpful tips etc.

and u load that everytime the player swaps screens from game to menu to shop to menu again and etc... so ur code of changing layouts should be something like bellow pseudo code, which also requires a global variable that you do not reset trough out the game (for example:if player dies, you cannot use reset globals to initial state, that will confuse the code thinking u are in menu when u are in the game actually) to keep track of where the player is coming from. for example if is in the menu we call the variable curent_screen: with value of 0. and if is in game change the value to 1 and so fort. preloading doesn't need a value, since there you will compare the values and know where ur players should be redirected.

and you change that value for all ur levels and game layouts (outside preloading) ... basically... is tedious stuff and lots of events wasted, but does the trick.

Edited: Edited a few times, had couple of typos, and missing info.

For information on how to make a progress bar u might wanna check the tutorial section of Construct 2, they still apply to C3 since the coding is the same.

• why not somebody from Construct official team just post a working .C3P in editor start page as example that show how it work ?

I also face the same problem.. as a newcomer in Construct.. I just cannot figure it out how to make it work since the first day I use construct.. what should I put in the event sheet ?

dropbox.com/s/j2622ckd69po97b/testSplash.c3p

• According to this page: construct.net/en/tutorials/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens-9 making loader layouts is pointless when making mobile games. It suggests to create a custom splashscreen (like the Construct 3 splash) instead. How do I do that?

Just FYI that content is 6 years old

it just a copy paste from

scirra.com/tutorials/318/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens

the content is same but I dont know if that Construt 2 still relevant to Construct 3 about loader layout in mobile export

I just hope somebody could share something that really show how to make this splash screen work for mobile (construct 3 export)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)