Controller rumble, gamepad vibration, is now in Chrome

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • TheRealDannyyy To be clearer, what I found is this:

✔️ When a controller (e.g. PS4 or Xbone controller) is plugged in with USB, rumble works!

❌ When a controller (e.g. PS4 or Xbone controller) is using BlueTooth, input will work normally, but rumble does NOT work!

This is true for both Chrome and Construct 3 NWJS.

I don't know if this is a bug or it's just that rumble is impossible with BlueTooth on Windows.

Ok that clears things up. Probably a bug and therefor worth reporting.

I hope you don't mind me tagging you later, if there are more questions from Chromium's side about this.

(Will provide the link when the issue is up.)

• Here is the issue (please star it so it gets more attention): Issue Link

Did you test this on Windows 10? Just curious since Windows 10 is known for breaking features like these sometimes.

• Thanks for that! Yeah Windows 10.

• What action/plug-in are you using to trigger the vibration in your game> Are you using the browser extension or is there some kind of extension to trigger vibration in a specific game pad?

> TheRealDannyyy To be clearer, what I found is this:

>

> ✔️ When a controller (e.g. PS4 or Xbone controller) is plugged in with USB, rumble works!

>

> ❌ When a controller (e.g. PS4 or Xbone controller) is using BlueTooth, input will work normally, but rumble does NOT work!

>

> This is true for both Chrome and Construct 3 NWJS.

>

> I don't know if this is a bug or it's just that rumble is impossible with BlueTooth on Windows.

Ok that clears things up. Probably a bug and therefor worth reporting.

I hope you don't mind me tagging you later, if there are more questions from Chromium's side about this.

(Will provide the link when the issue is up.)

• What action/plug-in are you using to trigger the vibration in your game> Are you using the browser extension or is there some kind of extension to trigger vibration in a specific game pad?

Mike at BrashMonkey Chrome has officially added gamepad vibration support a while ago. In Construct 3 you can already find an action inside the gamepad plugin itself. Construct 2 has no official support but there are community made projects to get it working there. (Free ➚ | Paid ➚)

If you're interested in the coding side of things, check out the tracking issue: Link ➚

• Very helpful and informative. Thanks very much!

> What action/plug-in are you using to trigger the vibration in your game> Are you using the browser extension or is there some kind of extension to trigger vibration in a specific game pad?

Mike at BrashMonkey Chrome has officially added gamepad vibration support a while ago. In Construct 3 you can already find an action inside the gamepad plugin itself. Construct 2 has no official support but there are community made projects to get it working there. (Free ➚ | Paid ➚)

If you're interested in the coding side of things, check out the tracking issue: Link ➚

• Hey, do you guys know if gamepad vibration works on UWP exported projects?

• Hey, do you guys know if gamepad vibration works on UWP exported projects?

UWP currently still runs based on the "old" Edge browser, so it shouldn't support it. This might change when they update Edge with a Chromium base (preview builds were planned for early 2019).

Are you comment 5 on the Chromium Bugs issue?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • UWP currently still runs based on the "old" Edge browser, so it shouldn't support it. This might change when they update Edge with a Chromium base (preview builds were planned for early 2019).

Thanks for the reply!

• Are you comment 5 on the Chromium Bugs issue?

TheRealDannyyy yeah that's right 😊

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)