Construct 3 desktop build beta (currently win64 only)

• The desktop build still uses zips for NW.js exports, because extracting the files on a Windows machine breaks Mac and Linux exports, because Windows doesn't understand the special file permissions needed for executable apps on those systems. The zip file is configured to set the right permissions so it works if you extract it on the target system. See the tutorial Exporting desktop apps with NW.js.

That doesn't apply to any of the other exporters, which let you export to a folder in a desktop build.

• The desktop build still uses zips for NW.js exports, because extracting the files on a Windows machine breaks Mac and Linux exports, because Windows doesn't understand the special file permissions needed for executable apps on those systems. The zip file is configured to set the right permissions so it works if you extract it on the target system. See the tutorial Exporting desktop apps with NW.js.

That doesn't apply to any of the other exporters, which let you export to a folder in a desktop build.

Thank you for the explanation! I looked at the tutorial and tried to understand the best I could, so unfortunately there's no way around this? I only export for windows anyways (choose to export only the "win32" option), so I think it'd be nice if the option to export as a non-zip file could still be there somehow.

Plus, C2 exports all 5 builds as non-zip files, does that mean the mac/linux builds exported in C2 were broken all along? Or does it mean things changed since then?

• Updated the original post with new downloads based on Chrome 73 (NW.js 0.37.0). There's also a fix for the C3 runtime's worker mode not working in preview.

• Thanks Ashley!

• Thanks for keeping things up to date! Would really appreciate MacOS builds in the near future.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is no way to open and insert an image, just drag and drop the image into the program.

The effects button is stretched across the entire width of the app and works on both sides.

• Is it normal for the NWjs build to not automatically register file type associations for .c3p and .c3proj files? This seems to work fine in the Microsoft Store (Windows 10) build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)