Attention Everyone Must Read Official list of Chrome Bugs

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video

Ok I check on the official website for chrome bugs and let me tell you its way larger than I thought it would be. If you buy Construct 3 your in a world of hurt my friend. Go look at the bugs and click on the trackers to see a better description . I am sorry there is no way to defend Construct this time.

The Official Page link

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list

Note this list isn't just one page but at least a dozen or more.

It's not too bad, only 56 current issues with WebGL across all platforms:

7 specifically related to Construct 2:

Notable is the one on switching tabs freezing multiplayer games, and the slow/janky scrolling

Edit: Actually digging into this with the search term "Scirra" proves interesting too:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=666710&q=scirra&sort=-modified&colspec=ID%20Pri%20M%20Stars%20ReleaseBlock%20Component%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20OS%20Modified

[quote:29wntyds](Scirra)What is the expected behavior?

Animations should always finish playing. There should be 0 boxes left in "pending" state after pressing stop.

What went wrong?

Animations get stuck in "pending" state and don't finish. There are some boxes left in "pending" state after pressing stop.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=650594&q=scirra&sort=-modified&colspec=ID%20Pri%20M%20Stars%20ReleaseBlock%20Component%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20OS%20Modified

[quote:29wntyds](Scirra)Please also treat tabs with active WebRTC DataChannel connections as exempt. We've already run in to trouble with hosting multiplayer games in background tabs, as described in issue 676036, and from what it sounds the proposed CPU budget will be far too small to keep processing a game.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=353072&q=scirra&sort=-modified&colspec=ID%20Pri%20M%20Stars%20ReleaseBlock%20Component%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20OS%20Modified

[quote:29wntyds](Chromium)We don't have any plans currently to try and make <video> or <audio> loop seamlessly.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=79180&q=scirra&sort=-modified&colspec=ID%20Pri%20M%20Stars%20ReleaseBlock%20Component%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20OS%20Modified

[quote:29wntyds](Scirra)Recently CSS grid layout performance has become extremely poor in Canary - even just 40-50 elements can take 500ms to layout.

There's bugs in any software though, let alone one as massive as Chromium (which is compounded by the now even-more-massive reliance on Chromium by Construct 3)

WEBGL isn't the only issues we need to look for so but nice try. Also you see how slow Construct 2 is to fix bugs now imagine the nightmare of all these bugs plus future bugs. Construct developers are slow to adjust and now by using Chrome they made thier job 10X harder because they have to fix bugs in Construct 3 and make work a rounds for Chrome bugs. Enjoy your purchase LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody has "purchased" it yet, but if Scirra uses ASM.JS throughout then it's possible that C3 will actually be a bit faster than Construct 2. But, I doubt that the ASM.JS optimizations actually extend beyond the editor interface, since they reported earlier to be using the same runtime as C2.

Nobody has "purchased" it yet, but if Scirra uses ASM.JS throughout then it's possible that C3 will actually be a bit faster than Construct 2. But, I doubt that the ASM.JS optimizations actually extend beyond the editor interface, since they reported earlier to be using the same runtime as C2.

The scary part is now they are totally reliant on Chrome which is ever changing . So now they have to focus on fixing Construct 3 bugs and fixing new Chrome bugs as they come. Tom and Ashley could barely keep up with just C2 specific bugs , how the hell are they going to handle this.

I am basing what I'am saying on their track record and not my opinion. They had so much trouble with maintaining C2 how will they be able to handle C3 + Chrome. Again this is fact not opinion.

Oh snap check out the rendering issues OMG!!!

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/is ... &cells=ids

Now thats scary and more of a concern !!

Is there a slight chance you are... umm maybe... hired by clickteam or yoyogames to rant on this?

There's a lot of issues there yes, but I'd bet a majority of them really wouldn't affect the average Construct 3 user directly, but I guess it's a good point that this also means there will be a lot of bugs the Chromium team is going to be distracted by, meaning long wait times for the smaller user base of Construct/Scirra for any issues we do have...

Is there a slight chance you are... umm maybe... hired by clickteam or yoyogames to rant on this?

Except I didn't mention either engine you did , so you must work for them!!!! FAIL LMFAO !!!

P.S. I didn't rant I linked to facts. A rant is someone's opinion. SO YOU FAILED AGAIN LMFAO!!!!

> Is there a slight chance you are... umm maybe... hired by clickteam or yoyogames to rant on this?

>

Except I didn't mention either engine you did , so you must work for them!!!! FAIL LMFAO !!!

P.S. I didn't rant I linked to facts. A rant is someone's opinion. SO YOU FAILED AGAIN LMFAO!!!!

I guess you can't take sarcasm

>

> > Is there a slight chance you are... umm maybe... hired by clickteam or yoyogames to rant on this?

> >

>

> Except I didn't mention either engine you did , so you must work for them!!!! FAIL LMFAO !!!

>

> P.S. I didn't rant I linked to facts. A rant is someone's opinion. SO YOU FAILED AGAIN LMFAO!!!!

>

I guess you can't take sarcasm

No its you who can't take sarcasm and you just proved it FAILED AGAIN LMFAO!!! How many losses can you take in a day LOL. You went hard bro , I can respect that at least HAHAHA.

Chrome is just the first target for the initial release.

Would you like a list of all the other potential platforms so you can find a bug list?

Anyway, welcome back from the last ban.

Please take it easy and try not to get upset.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

nah, he's just very pissed. Then again, seeing so many mindless "fainboism" from various C2 users - I think the world is in balance rotfl.

> Is there a slight chance you are... umm maybe... hired by clickteam or yoyogames to rant on this?

>

nah, he's just very pissed. Then again, seeing so many mindless "fainboism" from various C2 users - I think the world is in balance rotfl.

You probably shouldn't read the rest of his posts then.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)