Your C2 tests

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • i don't know if this is what you are looking for, but i'm currently playing with an asteroids test. i make the asteroids begin moving in random directions at the start with this...

system | on start of layout > big-rock | set angle to random(0, 360) degrees[/code:3kdup0w1]
  • speaking of said asteroid test,

i am trying to emulate the same type of movement i remember in the old atari game.

all you had to navigate was forward thrust, with left and right rotation controls. the movement was inertial based, so you could thrust forward to increase speed and if you let off the thrust, it would eventually slow down on it's own. not exactly accurate for space physics...lol, but it was cool for the game.

the problem i'm having is that when you're moving forward, the ship should rotate while continuing it's forward momentum. but instead, when i press left or right keys, that i have assigned to rotation, the ship turns in the direction it rotates. not the behavior i expected from 'rotation', and i have not figured out how the fix it.

any takers... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6707683/construct.../asteroids_test.capx

any help is greatly appreciated...

• i don't know if this is what you are looking for, but i'm currently playing with an asteroids test. i make the asteroids begin moving in random directions at the start with this...

system | on start of layout > big-rock | set angle to random(0, 360) degrees[/code:yt7fyxvu]

I Tried to include this event, but it had no effect....i will keep testing.

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i am trying to emulate the same type of movement i remember in the old atari game"

Have you checked the asteroid game example that is featured in this thread, you might be able to adapt the events for your game.

• SpaceBlaster game

Follow up to the spaceshooter game i posted a couple of weeks ago.

Changed the game to a side scroller, and added some extra enemies.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22173473/SpaceBlaster1/index.html

Left mouse: fire.

Middle mouse: Drop torpedo's

Right mouse: Activate tractor beam to collect red powerups.

Still not finished!

Not sure why the framerate is so low? (only 23 on my system)

If you play it could you let me what frame rate its running at?

Thanks

• I get 20-24 fps using Firefox 4.0 (WinXP)

Athlon X2 4400

2.5g ram

Zotac Ion 512mb

How old is your cpu?

• 60 fps on Chrome 10 . No problem here

• I get 20-24 fps using Firefox 4.0 (WinXP)

Athlon X2 4400

2.5g ram

Zotac Ion 512mb

How old is your cpu?

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Chrome browser

2 gig ram

Gforce 6200 256mb

The overall framerate for in the latest build(32.2) has dropped in comparison to the previous releases.

This can be tested if you replace 'preview.html' file in the main C2 folder with one taken from an earlier build.

Using the old 'preview' the game runs at 30 frames ps, as opposed to 22 / 23 with the new one.

• > i don't know if this is what you are looking for, but i'm currently playing with an asteroids test. i make the asteroids begin moving in random directions at the start with this...

>

>

system | on start of layout > big-rock | set angle to random(0, 360) degrees[/code:1ucfwgx8]
    > 

I Tried to include this event, but it had no effect....i will keep testing.
    Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

once you put in the 'set random' for the angle, do you add a 'move forward' action for the sprite? i realized, i did not list it in my suedo code.

• harrio wrote

"once you put in the 'set random' for the angle, do you add a 'move forward' action for the sprite? i realized, i did not list it in my suedo code."

Wont work for my example because the ball's angle doesn't affect its movement(i think?)

I changed a couple of settings and the ball's motion now looks a bit more realistic-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22173473/breakoutnew.rar

• > I get 20-24 fps using Firefox 4.0 (WinXP)

>

> The overall framerate for in the latest build(32.2) has dropped in comparison to the previous releases.

>

> This can be tested if you replace 'preview.html' file in the main C2 folder with one taken from an earlier build.

>

> Using the old 'preview' the game runs at 30 frames ps, as opposed to 22 / 23 with the new one.

>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if what i stated here is 100% accurate?

I made and tested a 640 x 480 version of the game and the framerate goes up to 50 plus.

Which is double the 800x600 version.?

• i improved the ship movement, and added in collisions with the asteroids. but it is still not rotating the way i want it to.

it is turning, instead of rotating.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6707683/construct.../asteroids_test.capx

is this something that just has not been added to c2 yet, or am i just using a wrong method?

• i improved the ship movement, and added in collisions with the asteroids. but it is still not rotating the way i want it to.

it is turning, instead of rotating.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6707683/construct.../asteroids_test.capx

is this something that just has not been added to c2 yet, or am i just using a wrong method?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I just found this capx file i downloaded a couple of weeks ago. Its a simple asteroid game that somebody posted(i cant give them a mention because i can't find the original post)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22173473/asteroidSHIP.rar

Note, Some of the events are disabled, so you will have to enable them.

Check out the ship's movement!

Hope this helps.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i'll have to explain my situation brobs,

i usually work on c2 at work, don't ask, so i can't download caps from the network there. and when i'm at my house, i'm on a mac. i was using vmware fusion to run c2, and it worked perfectly. but the 30 day trial has expired, so i have to buy vmware fusion 3.0 before i can use downloaded caps.

so i was hoping someone could tell me something they see wrong in my cap. but i will be getting fusion pretty soon here. so i really appreciate your input, i'm just not able to utilize it just yet.

i'm sort of flying blind until i can see other peoples caps, so i can see best use practices. because i know some of my event setups are probably far from 'optimal'...lol.

• This is a screenshot of the events that control the ship:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22173473/movement.png

• thank you kind sir...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)