Umbra: Shadow of Death [on Steam]

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Dear community, may I humbly present the results of a year of tinkering with c2 in my spare time. I hope you check it out; there's also a demo available if you're interested in how it plays. Time for a cup of tea and, perhaps, some sleep....!

Umbra: Shadow of Death on Steam.

• Special thanks to for all of his help and perseverance!

• I spent the last few weeks trying to iron out an apparently never-ending supply of bugs, while also trying to improve the graphics (the backgrounds). The game has 7 levels of increasing difficulty - Warning: the respawn interval used in the last couple of levels could cause you to damage your keyboard!! Here are a couple of screen-shots to give you an idea of the final game (the Steam link above has a video showing some of the game-play):

• Congratulations on getting the game finished and released, it looks awesome.

I hope it all goes well for you on Steam.

• Thanks OddConfection! I suddenly have a lot of free time... Things are off to a slow start on Steam, which is not a surprise given my lack of marketing before release...

Anyway, I would like to take the opportunity to earn any feedback and/or advice on how the game plays: to find out which aspects of the game design went well and which parts 'need more work' as my teachers used to say.

To make this happen, I have a few Steam Keys to give away for Umbra - if you're interested in one then please drop me a PM - I will a key to each of the first few respondents. There are no ties for me giving these out - I only ask that you PM me back if you have the time so I can learn from my mistakes!

Thanks!

• Hey buddy, hope it's going well for you. If you get feedback from players, it's a good sign because they took their time and write on the forum for you to see their opinions.

• Hey buddy, hope it's going well for you. If you get feedback from players, it's a good sign because they took their time and write on the forum for you to see their opinions.

Thanks Progress is slow but steady . What has struck so far is how few people seem to play the game after buying it (the achievements stats show that only about 1/2 of the owners have finished the first (very easy) puzzle)...

• OK, it's going to be too difficult for me to decide who should receive one of the few keys I am making available. So, instead of picking out the 'winners' I have decided to publish the keys here instead - in an open lottery. Please take one of the keys below and give it a try, if it's not been activated already then you're in luck! I will delete this post in a week so that it won't serve as a monument to future disappointment.

-deleted-

• Most ppl buy games and play later its quite common. Time issues I guess, backlogs etc.

I do it all the time, i got about 50 games I bought and i haven't touched haha.

• Grats on finishing Colludium, it looks great. Best of luck with sales mate.

• Thanks GenkiGenga!

• Colludium Congrats to the release!

Anyway, keep up the good work and merry christmas!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Anonnymitet! Good idea - I'll look into it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)