SHAPE

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • [attachment=0:kiavyxnm][/attachment:kiavyxnm]

SHAPE is a minimalist game that I've made for fun and to fulfil my will of creating games while I don't have much time to work on my next and more ambitious title that will take a lot more time to complete.

In SHAPE, you control a cube and you must stay in the white area. Each ring that you reach, you earn one point

Features:

• Nice and clean interface.
    • Good music and sounds.
    • Leaderboards.
    • Straight foward for fast and casual fun.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Ahsen.SHAPE

I'd be glad for any feedback and, please, rate the game on the play store as you wish. Thank you.

• I've played it a little bit now, and I like it. I've been thinking of making a similar game, so I enjoyed testing this.

The game has a nice flow, and I like how I get into a rythm and can just breeze trough it.

But there are something I would like to mention.

The hit detection seems a litte off. You can actually crash into the walls without dying. As long as you are not completely inside the wall, you won't die. This makes the game feel a little unprecise, and also very easy, as you don't really have to worry as much about crashing into the walls.

Other than that, I liked it. Nice concept, and nice music

• I've played it a little bit now, and I like it. I've been thinking of making a similar game, so I enjoyed testing this.

The game has a nice flow, and I like how I get into a rythm and can just breeze trough it.

But there are something I would like to mention.

The hit detection seems a litte off. You can actually crash into the walls without dying. As long as you are not completely inside the wall, you won't die. This makes the game feel a little unprecise, and also very easy, as you don't really have to worry as much about crashing into the walls.

Other than that, I liked it. Nice concept, and nice music

Thank you, buddy! Well, about the hit detection, it was designed to really be that way. You have to entirely leave the path in order to lose. The difficulty is when the speed is higher and then you gonna have less time to make the curves.

Now that you know it, do you think I need to change it?

Thanks again!

• Collision detection seems to be not exactly. Rings have shadows on the ground, but cube hasn't? You are allowed to turn off the music because of the soundeffects? Position of the rings on the left side is sometimes not good (ring is not whole visible).

• Hmm, I don't know. Maybe it is just me, but I found it a little strange to begin with. I think it has something to do with the squares which have a very definite border. If the path, the walls and the player were rounder it wouldn't be so noticeable.

But since it is a choice you have made, I don't think you have to change it. I liked the game

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • JamesXXXYZ

About the colision, It"s the same of Kaeso's comment. You have to leave the path completly in order to lose. You can turn on/off the music and the sound effect. I don't know what you meant, sorry.

Thanks for the all feedback.

kaeso

It's about a path that you can fall off. So, in order to fall from something, you need leave it completely. That's the idea. I will make it clear on the next update by adding an animation of the square falling. I think that way would be more self explanatory

And I might increase the difficulty a bit as well.

• You can not use our sound effects in isolation. They must be mixed into other audio/visual elements in your project.

audio/visual means audio and video? That means you aren't allowed to turn off the music?

• > You can not use our sound effects in isolation. They must be mixed into other audio/visual elements in your project.

audio/visual means audio and video? That means you aren't allowed to turn off the music?

I still can't figure what you meant. Do you mean the conditions to use the creative commons music/sound effect? If so, this is not a problem. The only thing that you can't do is create a game or app where the focus is the audio. In other words, the audio must be a complement in the project and not the main goal.

• OK. THX. That's i meant.

• NEW Update guys!

+Added

New element that considerably increases the challenge.

Achievements.

• Green and red isn't the best idea, because of colorblinds (red/green).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)