Little Girl (with source) #19 in LD 35 compo!

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
35 high-quality characters. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • Before I say anything else, you can

go play the game for free right now on the Scirra arcade!

Great news! Little Girl did really well in the Ludum Dare 35 compo! Out of 1,118 entries, it placed 19th! Not bad for me first LD. It also got a bronze medal for Audio and Coolness. Here's a full breakdown:

Description:

How horrible! A poor, defenseless little girl has been locked away! Her captors are cruel and under orders to keep her imprisoned--or dead. Perhaps they weren't wrong to lock her away, though. She seems to house a dark, wildly powerful secret underneath her innocent appearance.

Help the little girl skip her way to freedom by unleashing a hellish phantom from within, but don't let it consume her life.

Little Girl is a dark, atmospheric action game where quick, merciless kills are the name of the game, and balance is the way of life. It features a fully-interactive soundtrack, morphing gameplay types, and a perfectly innocent, shape-shifting demon of a lead character.

Little Girl was created in less than 48 hours as part of Ludum Dare 35's compo. Though it isn't the most organized thing ever, the source is also available either Here or on the Scirra Arcade page. There's some good example work for changing gameplay modes, guard actions, interactive music, and particles. I hope its helpful to a bunch of people!

Lastly, I've uploaded a full playthrough of the game showing off the gameplay, some chaining, and other neat things!

Enjoy! And, of course, don't use the assets for your own projects--commercial or not. Thanks!

I used some third-party effects, but here is a full breakdown of everything I used in the project as listed in the caproj file:

<used-plugins>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Arr" version="1">Array</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Audio" version="1">Audio</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Function" version="1">Function</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Keyboard" version="1">Keyboard</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Mouse" version="1">Mouse</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Particles" version="1">Particles</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Sprite" version="1">Sprite</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Spritefont2" version="1">Sprite font</plugin>
            <plugin author="BrashMonkey" id="Spriter" version="1">Scml</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Text" version="1">Text</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="TiledBg" version="1">Tiled Background</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Tilemap" version="1">Tilemap</plugin>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="gamepad" version="1">Gamepad</plugin>
        </used-plugins>

<used-behaviors>
            <behavior author="Scirra" id="Bullet" version="1">Bullet</behavior>
            <behavior author="Scirra" id="LOS" version="1">Line Of Sight</behavior>
            <behavior author="Scirra" id="Physics" version="1">Physics</behavior>
            <behavior author="Scirra" id="Platform" version="1">Platform</behavior>
            <behavior author="Scirra" id="Sin" version="1">Sine</behavior>
            <behavior author="Scirra" id="jumpthru" version="1">Jump-thru</behavior>
            <behavior author="Scirra" id="scrollto" version="1">Scroll To</behavior>
            <behavior author="Scirra" id="solid" version="1">Solid</behavior>
        </used-behaviors>

<used-effects>
            <effect author="Scirra" id="exposure">Exposure</effect>
            <effect author="Scirra" id="lens">Lens</effect>
            <effect author="TheBen" id="massiveverticalblur">Massive Vertical Blur</effect>
            <effect author="Scirra" id="overlay">Overlay</effect>
            <effect author="Danguafer/Silexars" id="pulse">Pulse</effect>
            <effect author="Scirra" id="screen">Screen</effect>
            <effect author="Brad Larson" id="vignette">Vignette</effect>
            <effect author="Viktor Korsun" id="water">Water</effect>
        </used-effects>
    [/code:2ulb31o5]
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for sharing the source. You show great skill especially given the short amount of time to complete the game. Of course I don't have the plugin needed to open the capx, but it is what it is.

• Thanks for sharing the source. You show great skill especially given the short amount of time to complete the game. Of course I don't have the plugin needed to open the capx, but it is what it is.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to list any plugins I used. Sorry about that! I've edited the original post to include everything I used.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)