KiSS Doll Experiment (NSFW)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • So I recently bought the full version of Construct 2, and decided to take advantage of some of the features in the full version to try and construct a basic KiSS doll.

For those who are unfamiliar, KiSS dolls (a.k.a Kisekae dolls) are digital dress-up dolls inspired by those old paper dolls you would cut out and stick together. The trend of digital kiss dolls was popularised by the website Otaku World, which is also where you can find all the tools necessary to both create and play with digital dolls using the FKiSS (French Kiss) system.

Anyways, I wanted to see if it was possible to create a basic KiSS doll using Construct 2, which would of course be playable anywhere (including online in a browser), so I botched one together.

The artwork is by Namitakashi and was originally included as a sample file for a KiSS doll creation utility (found here, www2.tba.t-com.ne.jp/tail , under "PSD Sample").

Link: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12960659/Games/Construct%202/KiSS%20Doll%20Experiment/index.html

So far i've been able to recreate some of the basic features typical of a KiSS doll:

-Clothing that has visible fronts and backs when not worn.

-Objects with multiple layers (shirt collar, hands and hair).

-Snap-to when objects are close enough to the main figure.

It requires a lot of manual setup, as well as manually applying the z-order. However, this is no different to classic KiSS dolls, which required you to manually set the z-order via code. Each article of clothing is a separate family consisting of the multiple layers (usually front and back). Each family is then pinned to a invisible collision object; it is the collision object that you click and drag, bringing all of the layered pieces with it. All of the collision objects are part of a family, so I can make them all snap to the base doll with only one event (if Family is overlapping base doll, set position to 0,0 of base doll).

There's probably a better way of doing this, but it works for now. Of course the next step is to neaten up the events, produce my own original artwork, and include more than one complete outfit.

EDIT: The BBcodes for website links kinda glitched, so I removed them.

EDIT 2: Nudity has been removed from the game per the forums rules.

• I've removed your link, as adult content is not allowed, per the forum rules.

However, if you were to remove the nudity - perhaps by making it such that the underwear cannot be removed, at least in the version you link here - then we'd be glad to allow you to put a link back in.

I realize that the content on display here is rather benign, but this issue has come up before and it's difficult to establish a proper boundry for such things.

• Sorry about that. I didn't think to look in the Open Topic section for the forum rules.

I've updated the file so the underwear cannot be removed.

• BishyT ~

I'm VERY interested in this thread and love what you've done. I'd love to chat about how you did this etc. If you're cool with that drop me an email at justinwhedon ( at ) gmail

Thanks,

Justin

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why is grotesquely violent games are fine but as soon as some pixel skin is shown its banned... really, society has issues.

• Why is grotesquely violent games are fine but as soon as some pixel skin is shown its banned... really, society has issues.

Totally agree...

Same here.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)