[iOS]Sexy Runner

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A comprehensive template for making open-world action/platformer games.
  • Check my game: Sexy Runner now on the App Store

This is an example of a game made with Construct that is published on the App Store

A sexy runner game with a touch of 2D scroll shooter and RPG elements.

Features

Simple touch and keyboard controllers Amazing graphics Fun and fast gameplay Many upgrades to chose Unlock sexier outfits

Official Website

• I see some interesting screenshots there, but I would like to give you one friendly advice: your background and foreground are fighting each other. You should have your characters stand out the most in the scene. Could you try have your city background less vivid color? Because right now, in the screenshots, it took me more than 5 seconds to spot the sexy runner. :)

• Thank you for your advice, Im well aware of this problem, but I dont know what must be done to make the main characters stand out in the scene without hurting the beauty in the bgs, maybe making them less vivid like you say, but I would like the background to be an important part of the game.

• ...I dont know what must be done to make the main characters stand out in the scene without hurting the beauty in the bgs..

You may try to change some colour, brightness and contrast values. Try to make them lighter then the player. Also you can use some blur effect on them.

• Do you want the players to look at your runner or the background more? They can only focus on one thing at a time.

In fact, if you look at some other 2D games, you will see that they pretty much have a set color palette for background and foreground. The foreground needs all the attention, while background should be there... just to be a background. These two should contrast each other.

Let's take a look at some example: youtube.com/watch at 2:33, you see the cities in background? See all the details yet they don't conflict with the foreground? You could try adjust your background for this kind of less blatant palette.

• hazneliel That's true what keroberos said about the pallets in most cases, but contrast plays a big role as well. Generally speaking, objects farther from the camera are usually lighter than those in the foreground. I guess the science behind it is water/chemical particles in the air. Most artists will put a light colored gradient or fog on their backgrounds to give them a sense of distant.

I do actually like your color scheme, and if you don't really want to change it much, a simple way to separate the fore/backgrounds is to add a light haze to the background. It shouldn't obscure the background much if done right, so you can still show off all the hard work you did on the background and still make it easier to see what is going on in the foreground. Just make sure the haze is strong towards the bottom, otherwise it'll look strange.

• Thats a very interesting suggestion, I will see what can I do and as soon as I get it right I will post an update to the store.

Thank you very much

• Maybe consider depth of field too.

Cool game - it'd be nice to have a 'sexy' male character too, for those inclined ;)

• thehen Bare-chested bros unite! /fist bump!

• I added a black border around the main characters, I was hoping that would do but idk what you think?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Downloading!!!

• Downloading!!!

Like++

• Finally Sexy Runner now on the App Store

A sexy runner game with a touch of 2D scroll shooter and RPG elements.

Features

Simple touch and keyboard controllers Amazing graphics Fun and fast gameplay Many upgrades to chose Unlock sexier outfits

Official Website

• Testing the game

• Testing the game

Thank you! any feedback??

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)