In a Nightmare-Patched up

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hello guys

I have changed control system of my game, it is standard now. May be a bit too big but as because player goes up quickly i dont think that is a problem.

Could you please let me know your criticism/comments?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... re.piszozo

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • from the video it looks like you have some nicely mindbending leveldesign going there. looks like fun!

IMHO you're giving away a lot of visual appeal with the repetitive background, that's a shame.

maybe you have some patience left to improve the background?

other than that it looks like a fun game

• I don't know what screen size you exactly had in mind when planning the controls but playing on my 5,5 screen didn't feel too good. I had to hold the phone in a very unnatural way to be able to play. My thumbs started hurting after 5 minutes. Controls made sense but the stiff/slow movement of the character made the control feel heavy.

Premise and idea of the game is good though =)

• from the video it looks like you have some nicely mindbending leveldesign going there. looks like fun!

IMHO you're giving away a lot of visual appeal with the repetitive background, that's a shame.

maybe you have some patience left to improve the background?

other than that it looks like a fun game

Thank you, background is one of the things i need to fix but iam clueless, maybe i should use on movable platforms i am not sure.

• I don't know what screen size you exactly had in mind when planning the controls but playing on my 5,5 screen didn't feel too good. I had to hold the phone in a very unnatural way to be able to play. My thumbs started hurting after 5 minutes. Controls made sense but the stiff/slow movement of the character made the control feel heavy.

Premise and idea of the game is good though =)

Thank you, i wanted to make it standard, right and left movement buttons at left bottom and jumping at right bottom.

It was very different before this patch, at older version when you pressed left part of your screen character moved to left (for the whole left part) and vice versa, to jump you had to press middle of the screen.

• Should i try controls this way?

• How about combining the first one you had with some swipe controls?

Press the sides to move from left to right. Swipe up for jump and to a direction in air for dash or a double tap on a side. Double swipe up for a double jump. Then there would be no worry of forcing a player to position fingers in an absolute place for control. Phone displays are very different in sizes so positioning button controls in portrait is not always the best way to go.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)