Hungry Dragon - Arcade skillful based game

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Advanced inventory mechanics for your RPG game (Array-based). Take Items, split them, pick up them, read the description
  • Hello everyone, firstly thank you for your interest in the game.

This is the third game I've released after staring developing for android just 2 months ago.

A bit about the game:

Hungry Dragon is about a very picky eater two-headed Dragon. They can never be in agreement on what kind of food they like. One Dragon Head is a vegetarian, while the other is a carnivore. It’s up to you to make the Dragon happy and feed him the right food, by making fast and accurate decisions.

The game also features an in-game currency (coins) which you can collect in order to unlock new accessories for the dragon, ranging from sunglassed, tattos and more.

DISABLE ADS FOR FREE: A unique feature that I personally haven't seen yet, is the ability to completely disable ads by spending the in-game coins. I figured, that if someone likes the game so much and play it for a long time, they should be rewarded in a tangible way for their dedication. As such, when you collect 500 coins you can disable the ads and have the game ad-free without any IAPs or real money.

Get it on Google Play:

Google Play Link

Or scan this if you're not on your phone:

I would really love your feedback on the following:

Performance and how smooth the game runs on your device. Ads frequency. Are they too intrusive or are they ballanced? Difficulty. Was the game too hard or too easy for you?

Thank you very much for downloading and for trying the game. If you like it, please rate it, I would highly appreciate it!

• Hi, good job!

Some feedback:

• Performance is fine on Galaxy S4.
    • I don´t think ads are intrusive.
    • Game is challenging. I think the difficulty is OK for this kind of game (fast sessions, you need to improve your higher score...).
    • I didn't found very intuitive the way the user has to obtain coins. I often loose by trying to take a money. I needed to see again the tutorial to see how this worked, but I think users wil just try to click on coins to obtain them.
    • Did you think about a life system? You start with 1 life but you can buy more lives with coins.It could be great to get a feeling of progression.
  • Nice work!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, good job!

Some feedback:

- Performance is fine on Galaxy S4.

- I don´t think ads are intrusive.

- Game is challenging. I think the difficulty is OK for this kind of game (fast sessions, you need to improve your higher score...).

- I didn't found very intuitive the way the user has to obtain coins. I often loose by trying to take a money. I needed to see again the tutorial to see how this worked, but I think users wil just try to click on coins to obtain them.

- Did you think about a life system? You start with 1 life but you can buy more lives with coins.It could be great to get a feeling of progression.

Thank you for trying the game and for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

I will definitely remove the mechanic to drag the coins, and instead I will have them to be collected on tap instead of drag.

The life idea is really good, but I'll see if it takes too much time to implement, I'm already working on a new game.

Thanks again for the feedback

• Nice

• I had stuttering using a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 at first boot up but later plays had it running fine, so your game works well on an old tablet at least. I suspect the stuttering had to do with the google account prompt and when connecting to Google Play.

The design is deceptively simple. You end up thinking "Yeah, that's not going to be hard" but when it speeds up the tiniest amount it has you panicking. I agree on the coins. Having to drag coins to the chest takes you away from the core gameplay. Now, that might have been the original intention (having to balance when to swap dragon heads and when to go for the coins) but when it speeds up, you end up not bothering with the coins because no matter when you go for it, it's gonna mess up your current play. You could have a tap to collect OR you could have a flick to collect (flick it towards the chest).

I don't agree with a life system, though. The sense of progression should come when you're adept enough to push on further and being able to purchase multiple lives sort of undermines that. A one time use lifesaver powerup would be a good compromise, though. Something that appears every so often and you have to drag it to the Dragon heads to activate it. For example... Fire Breath. When activated, if the wrong food gets eaten instead of a game over the dragon head that is about to eat the wrong food burns it to a cinder. One time use and doesn't stack (gotta make sure another powerup doesn't appear when it is currently activated).

• Runs smooth on a Nexus 10.

I like the simple gameplay. Fun for any age.

Agree that extra lives would undermine the idea= one life to see how many points and coins you can get makes it more fun, IMO.

The dragging coins to the chest makes it more difficult and competitive. I like how you aren't just awarded the coins, there is risk in getting them.

The ability to disable ads by spending time in the game is a great idea.

Good job.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)