GATE v2.1 out now on iOS and Android!

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
2d mushroom sprite 2d game character enmy sprite game art
  • Hey guys, I've finally launched GATE on android as well as brining out a new update for iOS including two new difficulty settings and a share function (as seen in

this tutorial I wrote)!

App Store

Google Play

Smash your finger through an endless stream of gates earning medals along the way!

Sounds simple? And so it would seem at first, but each gate you pass increases the speed. Suddenly your heart's racing as gate after endless gate flies by as you narrowly miss them until BOOM! You hit a wall, but that’s not the end! You can, if you wish, take a minute, relax and watch an ad before jumping right back where you left off and start the whole experience over again.

FEATURES

? Easy Mode

Start slow and speed up with every gate you hit!

? Hard Mode

Jump right into the action at the fastest speed!

? Fresh Backgrounds

Background colour changes every 100 points!

? Collectible Medals

Challenge yourself to collect all 16 medals!

? Leaderboards

Compete for the best score!

? Score Sharing

Share the moment you hit that epic high score!

Keep up to date with GATE and other Mad Wizard Studios games

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MadWizardStudios

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MadWizardStudio

New in v2.1:

A couple of new features, a couple of bug fixes and allot of polish!

-Easy mode. Start slow and speed up with every gate you hit!

-Hard mode. Starts right in the action at the fastest speed!

-Colour mode. Background changes to all available colours.

-Grey mode. Only selects grey backgrounds. These have great contrast and can be much easier on the eyes.

-Share function. You can now share the moment you hit that epic high score with your friends on social media!

-Popping gates! Added a satisfying little pop when you smash through a gate!

-Review link. Liking the game or have a suggestion? Then hit the review button and let us know what you think!

-Performance boost. Now runs even smoother.

• And a handful of bug fixes.

Have any suggestions for a feature or spotted a bug? Send me a message here or on our twitter page!

• Good game, I like it. I might spotted a bug. Played it on Android and the back button doesn't seem to work. Don't know how to exit the game from the menu.

• Noga Thanks you! What device are you running it on? Not too sure how that's meant to work as I'm an iOS user so to exit all I do is hit the home button.

• You can think of it as a back button in a browser or an escape key on a keyboard. After pressing it an Android user expects to go to previous screen (i. e. from level select to main menu), open settings menu or call up "Do you want to quit?" tab, etc.

When I press Home button the app doesn't close completly and stays in the memory for later use.

To make your app use the back button isn't that hard and users are expecting it. It was the first thing my friend noticed when I showed him my game. I have big "X" in the menu to close the game, but he's used to the back button.

The code for your game could look like (main menu)

Browser - On mobile back button pressed ===> create Quit menu

Touch - On touched "Yes" ===> Browser close[/code:3rw93gix]

If you want to include it into your next update, feel free to pm me and I can test it.
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Noga That's great thanks! I'll let you know when I'm working on v2.2 =D

• HI! Have you exported it with Cordova? Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)