Cluckles' Adventure - platform game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The complete source file for my Youtube platformer game tutorial series.
  • This is very beautiful ! Congrats bro! A question though: how do you save the "remove ads" if somebody uninstalls the game?

• Hi DonRIF Ok so that gets handled by the iAP plugin (I'm using Cranberrygame's iAP plugin in Cluckles' Adventure).

It goes something like this. The user's purchase is stored in their account in iTunes / GooglePlay.

Then when the game is launched you need to have events that check for previous purchases and then restore those purchases to the game if any are present. This works even if the game is uninstalled and all the games data removed from the device. When the player reinstalls the game in the future, upon launching you can check the players previous purchases on their account, then restore them to the game.

I do this check and restore right at the beginning of the game when the title screen is visible.

Actually the 'purchase restore' process took a few attempts to get through the iOS approval process. They wouldnt approve my game unless I also included a 'restore purchase' button. So users can actually manually restore their purchases. But in my game the button isn't even needed, because the restore happens when the game is launched, I just had to include the button to make the reviewers happy. The Android version of Cluckles doesn't have the purchase restore button as it's not needed.

• Hi DonRIF Ok so that gets handled by the iAP plugin (I'm using Cranberrygame's iAP plugin in Cluckles' Adventure).

It goes something like this. The user's purchase is stored in their account in iTunes / GooglePlay.

Then when the game is launched you need to have events that check for previous purchases and then restore those purchases to the game if any are present. This works even if the game is uninstalled and all the games data removed from the device. When the player reinstalls the game in the future, upon launching you can check the players previous purchases on their account, then restore them to the game.

I do this check and restore right at the beginning of the game when the title screen is visible.

Actually the 'purchase restore' process took a few attempts to get through the iOS approval process. They wouldnt approve my game unless I also included a 'restore purchase' button. So users can actually manually restore their purchases. But in my game the button isn't even needed, because the restore happens when the game is launched, I just had to include the button to make the reviewers happy. The Android version of Cluckles doesn't have the purchase restore button as it's not needed.

God bless my brother, thank you for all this valuable info that I'll keep in mind!

Much success to you, I hope you release a Steam version of Cluckles with tons more of content!

Oh one more thing, I noticed you have the "white screen" splash issue, if you want to get rid of the "white screen" just after the launch, add this plugin to the config.xml file:

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-splashscreen" source="npm" />
    	   <preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="false" />
    	   <preference name="ShowSplashScreenSpinner" value="false" />	[/code:3gcyqlm1]

Peace!
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • God bless my brother, thank you for all this valuable info that I'll keep in mind!

Much success to you, I hope you release a Steam version of Cluckles with tons more of content!

Oh one more thing, I noticed you have the "white screen" splash issue, if you want to get rid of the "white screen" just after the launch, add this plugin to the config.xml file:

<preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="false" />
    	   <preference name="ShowSplashScreenSpinner" value="false" />	[/code:11h5tngh]

Peace!

I just checked, and yeah I guess there is a white flicker on startup. Thats probably always been there but I never worried about it because it didnt seem too serious. But I should fix it. Thanks for the code, Ill put it into the next update.

The Steam version is on its way, not too long now. It has controller support and a new game mode: Speed Run

• >

> God bless my brother, thank you for all this valuable info that I'll keep in mind!

>

> Much success to you, I hope you release a Steam version of Cluckles with tons more of content!

>

> Oh one more thing, I noticed you have the "white screen" splash issue, if you want to get rid of the "white screen" just after the launch, add this plugin to the config.xml file:

>

>

> 	   <preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="false" />
    > 	   <preference name="ShowSplashScreenSpinner" value="false" />	[/code:36q1h7bu]
    > 
    > Peace!
    > 
    I just checked, and yeah I guess there is a white flicker on startup. Thats probably always been there but I never worried about it because it didnt seem too serious. But I should fix it. Thanks for the code, Ill put it into the next update. 

The Steam version is on its way, not too long now. It has controller support and a new game mode: Speed Run 

Good luck my friend, can't wait to play it!

Your game reminds me of this song tho:

• Nice work, congrats!!! ; -)

• Looking good!

Only suggestion I have is to not use the red blood at all in your game and stick with the green blood or some other effect besides blood.

Since this is going to attract younger kids and parents have a real problem with blood in their kids games and it can cause it to get a rating on some arcades that would limit who can play it.

Best of luck on getting it on Steam!

• Looking good!

Only suggestion I have is to not use the red blood at all in your game and stick with the green blood or some other effect besides blood.

Since this is going to attract younger kids and parents have a real problem with blood in their kids games and it can cause it to get a rating on some arcades that would limit who can play it.

Best of luck on getting it on Steam!

Indeed! Even though it looks dope as f***, but it's not kids-rated. You then have to change your ratings on the game.

I have a question about Game Center: when you click on the Game Center button on the main menu, it opens the Achievements page on Game Center. You did that by adding the "Request achievements" with the Game Center plugin?

Because it doesn't work when I test it, maybe I have to publish it for it to work?

• I have a question about Game Center: when you click on the Game Center button on the main menu, it opens the Achievements page on Game Center. You did that by adding the "Request achievements" with the Game Center plugin?

Because it doesn't work when I test it, maybe I have to publish it for it to work?

Hey DonRIF . I have a couple of parts to the GameCenter functionality.

First I make sure the player is logged in to GameCenter. I do this at the beginning when game is starting up (when the title screen is showing).

So the events are:

Browser is online

Trigger once > CordovaGame login

If the user is already logged in to GameCenter (in the device's settings), they will see a little 'welcome to GameCenter' banner appear in the game when the login action fires. If they are not logged in, a window will display requesting they log in.

Then for the menu button to call up achievements, I just check they are logged in and then use the action 'show achievements'.

So the events are:

On button touched

CordovaGame is logged in > CordovaGame Show Achievements

Im pretty sure you can test GameCenter functionality as an 'Internal Tester' in iTunesConnect.

By the way, I learned a lot from the examples posted by If you havent already checked his example capx's then you want to grab them, they will definitely help you. In this case, if you look at the one called 'Cocoon Google Play Games (Cordova Game)' that should be useful. While AnreasR is interested more in Cocoon, you can still see how he sets up the capx and then just adapt it to work in XDK.

Andy's Freebies, Store Items, Giveaways and more!

• >

> I have a question about Game Center: when you click on the Game Center button on the main menu, it opens the Achievements page on Game Center. You did that by adding the "Request achievements" with the Game Center plugin?

>

> Because it doesn't work when I test it, maybe I have to publish it for it to work?

>

Hey DonRIF . I have a couple of parts to the GameCenter functionality.

First I make sure the player is logged in to GameCenter. I do this at the beginning when game is starting up (when the title screen is showing).

So the events are:

Browser is online

Trigger once > CordovaGame login

If the user is already logged in to GameCenter (in the device's settings), they will see a little 'welcome to GameCenter' banner appear in the game when the login action fires. If they are not logged in, a window will display requesting they log in.

Then for the menu button to call up achievements, I just check they are logged in and then use the action 'show achievements'.

So the events are:

On button touched

CordovaGame is logged in > CordovaGame Show Achievements

Im pretty sure you can test GameCenter functionality as an 'Internal Tester' in iTunesConnect.

By the way, I learned a lot from the examples posted by If you havent already checked his example capx's then you want to grab them, they will definitely help you. In this case, if you look at the one called 'Cocoon Google Play Games (Cordova Game)' that should be useful. While AnreasR is interested more in Cocoon, you can still see how he sets up the capx and then just adapt it to work in XDK.

Andy's Freebies, Store Items, Giveaways and more!

Thank you very much bro, I just figured out that the C2 native plugin Game Center is really weak compared to the cranberrygame one. Everything works fine now, thanks a bunch my friend!

I will release a quiz/trivia game very soon, I'll keep you in touch!

By the way, I only use Phonegap build to export my builds (every platform), I think it's the fastest way and less buggy one (XDK takes too long and Cocoon is just too messy for me), you just have to correctly edit the config.xml with the plugins and everything.

• Thank you very much bro, I just figured out that the C2 native plugin Game Center is really weak compared to the cranberrygame one. Everything works fine now, thanks a bunch my friend!

I will release a quiz/trivia game very soon, I'll keep you in touch!

By the way, I only use Phonegap build to export my builds (every platform), I think it's the fastest way and less buggy one (XDK takes too long and Cocoon is just too messy for me), you just have to correctly edit the config.xml with the plugins and everything.

Yeah I tested the C2 native GameCenter plugin extensively but I could never get it to work. I followed the directions Kyatric provides in his tutorial to the letter with no success. So the only option available is to use the Cranberrygame CordovaGame plugin.

Oh youre using Phonegap, ok. I was able to get XDK working pretty well and got decent performance with my game, so I never experimented with Phonegap.

Definitely post when you release your game, Ill check it out.

• >

> Thank you very much bro, I just figured out that the C2 native plugin Game Center is really weak compared to the cranberrygame one. Everything works fine now, thanks a bunch my friend!

> I will release a quiz/trivia game very soon, I'll keep you in touch!

> By the way, I only use Phonegap build to export my builds (every platform), I think it's the fastest way and less buggy one (XDK takes too long and Cocoon is just too messy for me), you just have to correctly edit the config.xml with the plugins and everything.

>

Yeah I tested the C2 native GameCenter plugin extensively but I could never get it to work. I followed the directions Kyatric provides in his tutorial to the letter with no success. So the only option available is to use the Cranberrygame CordovaGame plugin.

Oh youre using Phonegap, ok. I was able to get XDK working pretty well and got decent performance with my game, so I never experimented with Phonegap.

Definitely post when you release your game, Ill check it out.

Hey Artpunk, here is my quiz game released on Android (on iOS in a couple of days), your feedback will be much appreciated!

• Just including the official IAP plugin, exporting to cordova, and then building with PhoneGap will come up with a huge error.

Intel has the same error.

Scirra's official plugins don't work, and they haven't updated or supported them for a long time.

So how are we supposed to include IAP much less ads if scirra's plugins are bad???

• Also, why do they have plugins if they refuse to support or update them?

• Yes I found it frustrating too, but they have announced they will be releasing updated plugins for iAP and Ads for Construct3, and Ashley has also said he would consider making an updated GameCenter plugin for C3 as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)