Cluckles' Adventure - platform game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The complete source file for my Youtube platformer game tutorial series.
  • When I click any of your links I get "Not available in my country" (UK)

?

Also

search on google play 0 no results

?

• Hi thanks for noting that, I've taken it off GooglePlay while I get an iAP ready to remove ads. In updated version should be available very soon.

• UPDATE

I have relaunched Cluckles' Adventure on GooglePlay, and it's also available now for iOS on the AppStore.

• The game now features an in-app purchase to remove ads.

In addition I also made the game compatible with older Android versions. Initially I restricted the game to Android 6+ because I was worried older versions of Android would give poor performance. In hindsight I decided I was limiting the game to too small a pool of Android users so I changed it to work on Android 4.4 and above.

Unfortunately this meant I had to make a new listing on GooglePlay because once a game is published, the target Android SDK can't be changed to an older version. I only found that out when I tried to change it.. So that means that anybody who downloaded Cluckles' Adventure when I first made it live on GooglePlay will need to install the new version. The old version wont be updated and wont have the iAP to remove ads etc.

And that means you'll lose any game progress.... sorrrrry

Some links.

Google Play

Apple AppStore

YouTube Gameplay Trailer

Website (itch.io)

• I installed the game several weeks ago.

I've got the IAP update, to remove ads

I still have the progress.

But maybe I wont get any more updates, since the app is no longer on google play. (I have the app called "_old") The app now on google play is a "new" app.

It's a great game.

• Hi Well that original app is unpublished now. I guess you were getting updates while I was still working on that version of the app developing the iAP. But it hasn't been updated beyond a certain point. And like you say, any future bug fixes or added features wont be added to the version you have.

Glad you like the game. How far have you progressed? Do you find it too challenging, too easy? Did you actually purchase the iAP to remove ads? Did the purchase work?

• i am at level 26. i have seen the door, know where to go, but i just die.

no didn't do any purchase

• Oh yeah that level is hard with the tricky bit at the bottom. The game gets easier for a while after that level. Drop down then use the double jump to hop over onto that little two-tile platform. From there it's manageable. You gotta get the chick up the top though

• Nice game. I just played it a bit I will continue when I'm not at work. Love the sounds too.

• EDIT: 22 Dec 2016

Cluckles' Adventure is now available for download on Android and iOS.

AppStore

GooglePlay

Website (itch.io): www.littleadventuresgames.com

YouTube: Cluckles' Adventure Gameplay Trailer

Congrats on the release! Maybe release on steam also?! seems more fitting as gameplay to be released on a pc gateway then mobile devices!

• Nice game. I just played it a bit I will continue when I'm not at work. Love the sounds too.

Hey man thanks for the feedback! Glad you like the game and sfx. Can I ask what device you are using and which OS? And how is performance on your device?

Congrats on the release! Maybe release on steam also?! seems more fitting as gameplay to be released on a pc gateway then mobile devices!

Yes my next major focus is to prepare it for Steam. Ive been totally focused on releasing it on mobile and I havent researched anything about developing for Seam yet, so it will be a few weeks away at least. But definitely Steam is on the cards. Ill pretty sure Ill also put it on Kongregate, and that would be sooner.

• In general I'm really interested to hear your impressions and feedback about the game. Specifically Id like to know:

-What device and OS you are using.

-How is performance on your device?

-What do you think of gameplay in general? Is the game engaging, boring, too hard, too easy? What's your impressions.

The feedback I get will influence updates I make to the game in future.

thnx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Artpunk Played it on a Samsung S5. Performance is pretty neat although I find the response from the left/right buttons to be a bit too strong (sometimes I hit once and he just flies off to his death) I have reached at least lv8... I think. Some of the "navigating" is not as intuitive as it should be...(try adding some (arrows pointing where to go they do that in Mario and other platformers to "nudge" the player in the right direction) it feels more like an exploration game sometimes. Its cool... it is very challenging. Nicely executed game. I still need to fix mine since google changed their stuff I have to re-build mine to have the adds work again.

• Artpunk Played it on a Samsung S5. Performance is pretty neat although I find the response from the left/right buttons to be a bit too strong (sometimes I hit once and he just flies off to his death) I have reached at least lv8... I think. Some of the "navigating" is not as intuitive as it should be...(try adding some (arrows pointing where to go they do that in Mario and other platformers to "nudge" the player in the right direction) it feels more like an exploration game sometimes. Its cool... it is very challenging. Nicely executed game. I still need to fix mine since google changed their stuff I have to re-build mine to have the adds work again.

Hey Ragevortex thanks for the feedback.

I dont notice that problem with the buttons being too touchy, but ive played it so much it could be I just dont notice the problem. Tbh I dont think want to adjust the responsiveness of the left / right controls at this point because Ive built the game around that level of responsiveness. Probably a bit late in the day to be changing that..

Your ideas for adding arrows to point the direction is a good one. You're not the first person to comment that it can be hard to navigate the levels.. so im seriously considering doing that. It would be a bit of work to add them in for every level, but I think it would make the game better. I guess I would add arrows that point the route to the exit, then its up to the player to explore the other parts of the map where chicks / levers / secrets / collectables etc could be hidden..

Can I ask, do you think the game is too difficult as to be frustrating? I think I made it too hard...

• , I will respond to your comment from this thread here

I think this is a bug, if I'm not mistaken.

Sometimes falling on a platform the sprite falls down.

For this to happen do the following.

Make two jumps, when you are falling to the ground, leave the jump button pressed for 2 or 4 seconds, then release it and the sprite will probably fall down.

Yes there are some problems with the JumpThru platforms. Im not sure how to fix these issues, I have spent many hours testing and trying to fix that.

The player is able to swipe down on the screen to make the chicken drop through a JumpThru platform. But there seems to be these bugs like you have identified. It also happens occasionally if the player drops from a large height onto a JumpThru platform, the chicken will land on the platform, then drop through a second later.

• Artpunk, When remaking the Jump-thru behavior from scratch, one would have to check, for each solid object, if the player at a Y of -1 is overlapping the solid object. If not, enable collisions with that object.

In this case, one could simply use this check to, rather than enable/disable collisions, add if player is falling, and if so, set vector Y to 0.

The fact that this is happening, though, points to a problem with how you've implemented controls, positioning, collision masks, etc. It could be anything, but this kind of functionality doesn't happen naturally with platform and jump-thru behaviors, it certainly isn't a bug as I've never seen this happen before.

EDIT: make sure that when you use the event I mentioned that you're also adding a condition of player is overlapping the platform at y offset of +1, or the player won't be able to fall.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)