Check out my game?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hey all,

I have a new rogue-like game up for sale (Shadow Hunter), and I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on the demo.

Here is the demo link: Demo

Any input would be appreciated. :)

Thanks,

-Jeff

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't play too many games in this genre (turn based dungeon crawler) so I can't give you much gameplay advice, however one thing I can say is the game really needs some better art direction. The art style as-is will probably turn off a good amount of potential buyers. Unfortunately, nowadays people expect the best, especially in a paid game.

it's a great start, however! I look forward to seeing where you go with it!

• Thanks for the comment Sqiddster. :)

I know what you mean about the graphics being bad. It was released in this form because I can't afford the art (yet), and I noticed a lot of games are being sold with similar or worse visual quality while making a profit. Hopefully I can pay for an artist through some sales, and my Kickstarter campaign (made for this very purpose).

My saving grace is that most Rogue-like fans are fine with bad art, as long as the game is fun... which I am hoping they find it to be! But you are right, bad graphics equal loss of customers.

Thanks again for the input!

-Jeff

• I thought it was pretty awesome, the graphics didn`t seem bad at all, How long have you been working on this?

• Hey, thanks Albert. That is really nice to hear! :)

The game took about 2 months to code and assemble the art assets (some original art, some purchased, some purchased and edited). It's nice to know that the current game art can be received well. Personally, I have a like/hate relationship with it. lol.

Did you have any issues/opinions/suggestions/complaints about the Demo?

Thanks again, for checking it out too!

-Jeff

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)