Back To The 80's - Pengo

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • I have received 100+ requests for this one. So, I got my graph paper out and started laying stuff out. The sprites took me at least 2 weeks to finish. Pixel art in PS is really not my thing.

I still have a few things to sort out, but still, here are a few images.

Use arrow keys to move LEFT RIGHT UP DOWN

Arrow key + Space Bar to move or destroy blocks and activate walls

Exported to HTML 5 website, Chrome version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (32-bit) and still no sound. Buggers!

Justin

• If you press space while holding down multiple arrow keys, it'll move all of the blocks surrounding you at once :O

• Thanks Didn't notice this one. Fixed.

• Added the lining up of the diamond cubes. When 2 or 3 diamonds are lined up horizontally or vertically, then animation for the diamond cubes kicks in.

Still need to add the Sno-Bee crushers, bonus animation maze, some scoring and 15 more levels.

For the levels I will be using and array that will read in the data for the maze. This for simplicity and efficiency.

I don't know if I will add the intermission screens, I'll have to think about this :)

Let me know what you guys think of this so far. Comments really appreciated.

• Added bonus animation with bonus sound. Flashing stars on the border and flashing blocks.

• Added squash animation and points in the maze.

• Brilliant dude.....

• Version 1.1 has been uploaded to the Scirra Arcade.

scirra.com/arcade/other-games/back-to-the-80s-pengo-34032

The maze is now created by reading in the data. So far...just 1 level. I wil finish the last 15 before Sunday. Sound has also been added.

• So when you finish killing all of the green blobs, something like a new wave starts, and your character is warped back to the center of the stage and new stuff spawns in

However, when this happened, there was a box covering the point where I was warped to, so my little penguin guy appeared halfway stuck inside one of the boxes... And, upon continuing to move, I guess the character is programmed to move a set distance based on your starting position? Because when moving afterward, rather than my position correcting itself, I continued to move on an "offset" grid so to speak, and was always at a halfway position when moving up and down between tiles

I found out that you can actually fix this positioning error by walking into the outer wall though lol

• Hi AySquirrel,

I ran into this bug last night. I fixed this and I also added 6 ×.json files with data for creating the levels. I will finish the remaining 10 tonight. I didn't have time to upload the update ☹️

Things left to do:

- Sno-Bee collision with Pengo

- Intermission screens

- C2 code clean up

Thank you for testing things out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Short update all.

Came down with the flu a weeks ago and could not work on this project. Feeling better now and will continue on Back To The 80's - Pengo.

• I have just uploaded version 1.2 to the Scirra Arcade :)

- all 16 levels have been added to the project

- working on collision between Pengo and Sno-Bees

- fix a few bugs in this version

- points for clearing the level within a specific amount of time still has to be implemented

- intermission screens will be the last thing to do

• Quick update....version 1.3 on the Scirra Arcade.

Having a bit of an issue with the diamond blocks...will have that fixed soon. Looks like the acts are being loaded alright. Time bonus screen has been added, so after each act you should see the amount of time in minutes and seconds it took to finish the act.

• Updated to version 1.4

I think I got the diamonds working again...if not please let me know.

So, I guess this project is almost finished. Just the collision between Pengo and the Sno-Bees and the intermission screens. Probably a few more bug fixes :) I will then be calling this done!

• Updated to version 1.5

Collision between Pengo and Snow-Bees

Losing a life shows on HUD

Curtain up and curtain down after losing a life or completing an act

Filled maze when act completed and curtain up

Intermission screens will be added at a later time since this doesn't need much brain activity from me :)

I'm sure there are just a few more bugs to fix...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)