4-player Local co-op template (W/Gamepad Support)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Players follower. use it for anything which follows the player
  • DEMO - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104 ... index.html

Store page - https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-fr ... pport-1508

I created a template for 4 player co-op platformer with gamepad support to sell on the Scirra Store. What are things you'd be interested in seeing as part of this template?

So far I have:

-Can use 1 keyboard and 1 controller for local co-op. You just have to toggle the first player's Keyboard or Controller button at the character select menu.

-Platform Behaviors for 4 players (all platform mechanics are coded to the family)

-Character Select screen - 4 players have 6 characters to choose from

-Dynamic Gamepad addition - If a player boots up a connected controller, the character select screen automatically recognizes this and knows to allow multiple characters to select before going to the first level. Same thing if they disconnect.

-Can be easily modified to allow 5++ players (everything is controlled via Family Bahaviors and variables, so adding additional players is easy).

Thanks for your feedback!

• hm... demo says singleplayer?

• hm... demo says singleplayer?

you need to add more controllers for it to be multiplayer

• You mean like all on same screen/PC? ...not everyone on his own PC?

• You mean like all on same screen/PC? ...not everyone on his own PC?

yup! I just changed the title to "local co-op", sorry for the confusion!

• oh too bad...

any plans to upgrade it to full multiplayer? ...i would defenetly buy it.

• Link not working / not showing at the Store.

• oh too bad...

any plans to upgrade it to full multiplayer? ...i would defenetly buy it.

I think there's already some templates for that. This was just meant for local co-op since there didn't seem to be any templates for that

• Link not working / not showing at the Store.

hmmm both links work for me, thats no good. No idea what to do about that, thanks for the headsup though.

• The demo link works fine but the store link doesn't, at least for me.. also can't see the template on the list when browsing the newest additions there.. I don't know, maybe it just takes some time to show up/get approved. Anyway, hope you get it sorted out!

• im thinking it could be because I didn't add all of the required images. I'll probably have to wait a day until they're approved

• Just a quick confirmation, the Store link is now working!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just a quick confirmation, the Store link is now working!

phew! Thanks for the confirmation!!

• I see the description says to test the local co-op you need two controllers. Does that mean the template will work the same? Needing to two controllers plugged in to play 2 player local coop with a keyboard + controller isn't going to be a great setup for games..

• I see the description says to test the local co-op you need two controllers. Does that mean the template will work the same? Needing to two controllers plugged in to play 2 player local coop with a keyboard + controller isn't going to be a great setup for games..

What do you mean? You need 2 peripherals to control 2 players. You can use the keyboard or controller 1 for 1st player only. If you link a 2nd controller, it recognizes this and puts it into 2 player mode. More controllers added = more players. But controller 2 only works for player 2, controller 3 for player 3 and controller 4 for player 4. I don't think anyone wants to play a co-op game on a single keyboard, is that what you're saying?

I guess I could make a button that toggles for player 1 to either use the first controller or the keyboard. Wondering how I implement that since everything is tied exactly to the Controller's ID. I'd have to find a way to let player 2 to be controlled by controller 1 or 2. Player 3 would work with either 3 or 4, etc. hmmmm.... is this something you guys want?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)